Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
Starshine: I didn't have to fast for my glucose test. I started fasting once I got there.

And as far as childbirth classes go, I can't speak for the natural birthing classes (or Bradley classes), but my husband and I went to a generic childbirth class, and it was really pretty worthless. I already knew about everything they were talking about from going through nursing school and from doing my own research and reading, but it was good for my husband, who had no clue about anything. That's really the main reason we went, so that he wouldn't be going into it not knowing what the hell was going on, and so I wouldn't have to stop mid-contraction to explain things to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
Hey, if you don't want to get probated or banned for posting about pregnancy in a pregnancy thread, there's been a general exodus to this board for goon parents:

http://goons.5150press.com/index.php

Just tell who you are when you register, and you should be able to join.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

Lullabee posted:

Also, everyone is telling Mr. Lullabee to expect a bed rest order for most of my pregnancy, since I had those incidents. Obviously I won't know until I see the doctor, but how true is it? Like, are they right, that most women who bleed, have troubling pregnancies?

Not necessarily. I had bleeding in my second trimester, and it scared the poo poo out of me. I went to labor and delivery, where they discovered via ultrasound that I had a low-lying placenta, which eventually resolved itself as the placenta moved up in my uterus and my baby got bigger. It would have to depend on the cause of the bleeding, I'm sure. I was told to avoid lifting really heavy things/people and to not have sex until the placenta was well away from my cervical opening.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

bamzilla posted:

Personally speaking I'm not a fan of inductions unless it's for a medical reason. Being close to your due date or over by a week is not a legit reason to induce imo.

I was induced for medical reasons (worsening preeclampsia), and welp, ended up in a C-section anyway. If your body's not ready, it's not ready.