Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
My wife didn't gain any weight this week (37 to the 38th week) and mentioned it to the OB/GYN. He felt her stomach, laughed and said "I wouldn't worry about it, this is not a small baby" :supaburn:

Has anyone used the Bumbo Tray attachment? My wife is intent on getting one but it seems no different than a highchair to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

VorpalBunny posted:

I have heard DHA is worthless, but I take it anyway! I'm a vegetarian, so I found an algae-based DHA pill. I also take iron supplements and GNC prenatals.

I took them all throughout my pregnancy, and have continued after birth while I breastfeed exclusively.

My wife takes Fish Oil pills daily as well as her Pre-Natals because she doesn't eat as much fish as she would like and wants to make sure enough Omega 3 is provided for development.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Folks, I'm coming to you on behalf of the wife. She is 39 weeks and this morning started getting "stomach pains" as she called them. She said they aren't painful really things just get tight like Braxton Hicks.

The last three times she has had them have been 10:03, 10:13 and 10:21.

Could this be it?

Edit: 10:30, 10:43

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 18, 2011

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

bamzilla posted:

Call your OBGYN?

Good idea, we have a weekly appointment in a few hours as well.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Tatiana posted:

There's no time! You're going to have to deliver this baby yourself!
Youtube has some great tutorials. Good luck.

Haha :)

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Based on the due date Calendar, there's going to be a ton of goon-babies in the next couple of weeks.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Juanito posted:

So I know it's very early (5 weeks probably)... but my wife got a blood test 48 hours apart, and they said that her hCG level should have doubled. But the doc called today and told me that it had only gone up half of what it was supposed to, so she's getting an ultrasound on Wednesday.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html makes me believe that it isn't always a big deal when things aren't "normal" but I don't know how bummed I should be. I obviously have to play anything down that I tell my wife, because she would be too worried for the next 6 days.

I know this doesn't really help you at all but get used to the whole "This isn't what it's supposed to be" part of pregnancy. There always will be things that you will worry about or things that aren't going exactly as planned, you just have to get through them.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Well, we've officially been overdue for a couple of days now. Wife has had a bit of cramping, is 100% effaced but not dilated at all. Last night she had pain on both sides of her lower abdomen all through the night, so hopefully this is the beginning.

She has been having braxton hicks for over a week now constantly as well.

Any tips other than sex, bouncing on an exercise ball and taking a walk?

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

SAKU loving KOIVU posted:

Schedule an induction or C-Section.

Sounds like a joke, but this got my partner to start labour and I've heard of 2 more babys being born on their scheduled day in the last 2 weeks!

Our OB/GYN's exact words were "We don't really prefer to induce, so we will see you next week!"

I respect him for this as a ton of doctors just want to get rid of you and move on, but other the other hand my wife is all :supaburn:

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Janelle posted:

Thanks on everyone's answers about circumcision. It's on my list of questions to ask at my next appt.

You may find that your Birthing Center has more information on it than your OBGYN. For our hospital, the Birthing Center told us that it is 150$ to the doctor and $150 to the hospital, it is done the day after birth.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

SAKU loving KOIVU posted:

I wasn't really clear, what I meant was that they all went into labour before the actual induction appointment. Something about that incentive or mental relaxation or something. For the record, we were 9 days overdue so I know what you're going through. By day 7 I can see now that I was going really crazy ( I sent a really not cool and out of character joke about japan earthquake to a good friend, which I still haven't had a chance to explain to him :( ) and my girlfriend had been emotionally bouncing off the walls all week.

Well, we are booked for induction on Sunday and wife is 2cm dilated right now, we will see which comes first!!

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
In-laws....I need to vent, guys. My wife's mother is very close to my wife, all through this pregnancy she has been acting like this is "her baby" and constantly, constantly, constantly been acting absolutely ridiculous and "smothery" about the entire pregnancy.

- She was demanding that my wife let her into the delivery room during birth because it was "the only thing in life she has ever wanted to witness".
- She wants to stay with us for two weeks after the birth.
- She has called three times a day since my wifes due date with god knows what excuse there is to call, even though my wife has told her that we will call her when we are admitted to the hospital.

My wife has been having contractions that aren't painful at all for about two weeks now, last night at 3AM they started getting painful, approx 5 minutes apart, 50 seconds in length. We went to the Hospital to get an assessment done this morning and they sent us home saying it was a bit too early and they had no beds, no big deal, we'd come back tomorrow when the contractions are worse and closer together.

We got home and decided to take the dog for a walk again(thanks for the advice in this thread) and guess who pulls into the driveway, uninvited, unannounced as we are arriving back home (2 hour drive from her house to ours). My wife was out there for 30 minutes talking to her while she still sat in her car, but guess who is sitting on my couch upstairs. I don't have to spell it out.

As a quick backstory, my mother in law has basically ruined her relationship with my wifes brother, wife and two kids for doing the exact same thing.

I guess there goes the "couples" part of labor.

Any advice other than "tell your wife to stand up for herself"?

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Fire In The Disco posted:

This is a touchy subject, but you need to have a deep talk with your wife. Does she want her mother there during the delivery? If she does, you want to back her on this. Anything that makes a woman's time laboring easier for her is worth doing.

The two weeks after the baby comes might be excessive, or it might not be. Are you off for at least that long? If you're not, your wife might want the help.

But really, the bottom line is, you two should talk and come to terms about this before you go back to the hospital.

Her being in the delivery room has already been dealth with by my wife and it's not happening. It's the smothering and the treating the situation like it's all about her and not us that is absolutely killing me. Her mom know's I'm beyond livid because when I just walked by she was crying. Once again, she is making it about herself and not my wife who is in pre-labor as I type this.

Two weeks is excessive, I am off for two weeks and will be here. We need time to be a family and her mom knows this but is blatantly disrepsecting our wishes.

I'm getting too E/N here - I apologize.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

This one's tricky though, because it's her mother. Do you feel confident standing up to her for your wife's sake? Maybe a compromise can be reached where she comes out when you go back to work?

This is where the biggest issue is, my wife and I are on the same page, I basically said "I want her gone until we are admitted to the hospital" and she responded with "I can't tell my mom to drive two hours back home, it would end her (Her mom and dad just seperated)". If I stand up to her Mom, it will only distress my wife which is absolutely not what I want and not what she needs.

This entire situation occured with my MIL and her step daughter and they are basically are not on speaking terms anymore. It was a major deal and is a major elephant in the room at family gatherings.

To answer other questions, MIL is here to spoil, smother and hold a baby, not to help us through. On the other hand, my mom delivered us (also 2 hours away) 11 frozen meals fit for a king and drove back home, didn't mention anything about staying.

It's a very touchy situation and I just don't know how to deal with it. I want the help for the first few days because we don't really know how to approach many things, despite a ton of reading, but I want everyone gone at 9PM.

Thank you everyone for your advice and guidance so far, this is tough one for me as I am usually the rock in this marriage... I swear we are a pretty normal people, regardless of how redneck disfunctional we sound at the moment.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Well, the good stuff first. Welcome to our world Grayson Allan, 8lbs 6oz, 20.5" long.

Pictured: Retarded "Easter" hat.

Labor was quite the marathon, my wife was in "pain" for over 36 hours, active labor was 15 hours through the night. We are both pretty pooped out after being up for at least 48 hours straight...

The MIL situation hit a peak after labor with MIL saying to my wife "I don't feel any sort of connection to him" and ended with my awesome Brother In Law basically laying down the law and (paraphrasing) told MIL to get her poo poo together. It's going to be an elephant in the room for a while, but oh well.

Scrum - yep, Marunsic, but he didn't deliver. And yup, the same thing for our circumcision, it's really, really weird.

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 4, 2011

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Also, Mom is able to produce great with a pump but Grayson wants nothing to do with latching, even though he will shotgun 5ML out of a bottle in 3 seconds flat and suck on your finger to no end when hungry.

Any tips? I know it's early and this is common, just trying to keep new options on the table.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Panne posted:

I had this problem with my son. He was not interested in sucking on my boobs (especially the left) for the first few days.

Be a little careful with the bottle, he might get "lazy" and prefer the bottle to boob, as milk flows faster and the sucking technique is different. With my son, I hand expressed and fed him from a cup. I let him suck on my little finger to stimulate his sucking. Both me and my husband spent as much time as possible skin-to-skin with him, as that stimulates the baby's sucking. When he was 4 days old he ate mostly from my boobs, and by 2 weeks all issues were completely resolved. Best of luck, you can do this!

This video shows how to get a good latch.

Well, low and behold, we got Grayson home and the first time we try in his room he latched on both sides!

My wife is elated. :) Maybe the calmness of the house and the quietness gave him a bit of reassurance, but it was pretty special.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Panne posted:

That is excellent news! He might go a bit back and forth; my son would suddenly refuse to stay latched on one breast, then be fine the next feed and so forth. So if that happens, don't be discouraged! You can do it wooooooo!

Low and behold you were absolutely right, he latched on good the first time and tried it out but the next feed wanted nothing to do with it. We've decided it might be because formula comes so easily from the bottle and has to work so hard to get it from my wife that he just doesn't stay interested and gets upset because he is hungry.

Once her milk comes in I think we will have better success, right now our schedule is try breast feeding for a bit to keep him interested but not upset, then mom pumps, we mix formula with the pumped liquid and feed away...it's a long process but I think it's best.

She kind of did a parabola with how much she was getting from the pump, approx 7ml in the hospital to start, dwindled down to barely anything (so we fed formula), now she is back up to around 7ml!

Can anyone give me an idea of how much formula we should be feeding? The hospital told us 20-30ml per feeding was great (8 per day), but when we got home we found the side of the formula can says 80-100ml per!

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
She went home the day he arrived and she is coming back tonight until tomorrow, she seems much better now after talking to her. I think she realized she was being absolutely insane. Wife is still going to talk to her about it because some of the things she said were ridiculous. My mom was at our house for the two nights we stayed at the hospital and top to bottom cleaned it. I love Mom's sometimes :love:

With regards to feeding, I think I am just trying to figure out how much to provide enough since we aren't exclusively feeding from one or the other source.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
How long did the people that had issues nursing try until they gave up and pumped? How did you deliver the pumped milk to baby?

We are still having issues with Grayson, he either falls asleep or freak outs and won't suck even when he gets a small latch on Mom.

This is very frustrating :(

We think he is being lazy because the dumb bottles the hospital made us use when he wouldn't latch for the first time are too easy to get milk out of whereas getting it from the source takes more work.

We tried putting milk on the pad of our finger and getting him to latch to that for the same size source but he didn't want anything to do with it.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks for all the awesome advice. To answer some questions, we no longer need to supplement as Mom is able to pump 60-70ML every 3 hours which leaves a bit left over for the start of the next feeding. This was very exciting for us!

The bottles we are using are Born Free #1 so I think they should be good.

I think we will try cup feeding as well with a shot glass.

We have the public health nurse coming by tommorow and are going to ask about breast shields as they look very promising. The key will be to ween him off of using one but getting that bit of success to Mom is important to me right now, I can see her frustration building try after try.

Mom tried squirting some into his mouth and we also tried pumping a little bit and dripping it onto her nipple, didn't seem to make him anymore interested.

Oh, I also forgot, Grayson has grown almost 2" and gained back 2oz of the 5oz he lost after birth 4 days ago. I thought the 2" of growth is pretty crazy.

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 6, 2011

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Oh my god, the breast shield was a godsend. It worked the first time we tried it with the Public Health Nurse after exhausting all other options for breast feeding. We just sat down to feed again and he went right on.

The nurse plans to help ween him off it in a few weeks, but for now, I can already see my wife's attitude change.

:woop: :woop:

Should Mom pump after breast feeding? Baby looks quite content but she said she still feels a bit heavy.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Do your guys LO's always sleep right after nursing? grayson stops eating and seems to be sleepy but if you pick him up and he goes full wide eyes and squirmy for at least an hour before sleeping again.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
I feel really bad for you guys down in the USA. Up in Canada we get 52 weeks paid and I think a lot of people take it for granted and don't really appreciate how much time you get to be with your baby when they are growing up.

Anyone have tips on post-feeding? Grayson will get sleepy and fall off the nipple shield but once you go and pick him up to put him in his playpen for a nap he goes crazy and screams like a maniac but will latch again but only for a few minutes. We try soothing him to sleep but doesn't seem to work, he just wakes up again. If we give him 1oz from a bottle that mom had previously pumped he instantly falls asleep.

Is he not getting enough to eat? He's still producing at least 8 wet diapers daily so that tells me he is, but maybe he wants to FEEL more full/satisfied?

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Dr. Retarded posted:

I was advised to pump after most, if not all nursing sessions in the beginning while using the nipple shield. I pumped myself into oversupply, but that was pretty easy to regulate in a few days and now I have more milk in the freezer than I will ever need - I have even donated about 400 ounces, which is something I am really proud of. If she isn't too tired, I personally think it is a good idea to pump after nursing and I plan on doing it with my next baby, nipple shield or not.

I think our plan right now is to stick to pumping until we can't anymore and then switch to formula, nursing with the nipple shield is just not going well for Mom, emotionally and physically (soreness, bleeding, frustration, baby not getting enough food, 1.5 hours for each feeding). We are past the point of it being a bonding experience for Mom and baby and are at the point where she is dreading feeding times, which isn't healthy.

I'm sure everyone has been through this exact same thing but for us, we need to change something up.

I think having my FIL at our house for three weeks from Nova Scotia is probably not helping the entire situation as Mom has to retreat to the bedroom every time she wants to feed and feels like she needs to entertain FIL while baby sleeps. I've told her the latter needs to stop today as I am back at work and she needs her sleep.

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 11, 2011

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Revenant77 posted:

Thank you for this. Every night between 5 and 9pm, Natalie just hates the world and I have seriously questioned every action I've taken. I've gone through everything I've eaten that day trying to figure out what could be causing this. More than once, I've plopped her on dads lap and left the room to regroup. It's so confusing because during the day, everything is great and she's a happy baby that smiles at me and makes me feel wonderful. I'm just glad to know that I'm not alone with this.

You are not alone. Our "freak out time" so far has been 11PM to 1AM. Absolutely nothing we do makes him calm down or stop, except maybe put him in the swing and let it fly.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

bamzilla posted:

Because some families are very family oriented and it doesn't bother some folks? I had no problem with it - especially when my husband went back work 5 days later.

I think it's very case by case. For us, in some cases it was a goddamned blessing.

My mom stayed with us for two days, cleaned the entire house top to bottom while we were at the hospital, cooked us 11 dinners and froze them all, cooked a huge dinner for the day we came home so there would be leftovers for days, did our laundry and dishes for 2 days and let us be and decorated the house in "yay new baby stuff" to make us feel good.

On the other hand, we have had the MIL for 2 days and have the FIL for 3 weeks and both have been nothing more than a detriment (in most cases). Saying "let me know if you want me to hold him for a while" is not helping, I'm sorry but it isn't. Go unload the dishwasher, go buy us food (you are after all here for 3 weeks eating and drinking our food), go clean up the dog poop you commented on us having so much of, go clean out the gardens you mentioned were a mess. Helping someone to nurse does not equal kneeling in from of mom saying "come on baby, you can do it, you can do it, take a drink" - that is not helping in the slightest.

It's very much about who and what kind of relatives you have.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

randomfuss posted:

At least they will help with chores instead of "being there for baby". Or that's what you think now. But if you're stressed out just by the idea of having them over, it can only get worse.

I made the mistake to accept the MIL for my 1st born. 2nd one is not even baking and I am already perfecting my conversation for eventual number 2.

It may be the fact that the MIL came "for the baby and for his son, not for catering the parents" (which translated in "trying to steal my husband and my baby and bitch about me not cleaning well enough), but it may also be the fact that I am a very independent person (thats's what my OB/GYN said when advising me next time no relatives, but I think I am just an antisocial bitch).

When an IL says "for the baby and for his son, not for catering the parents" it's time to tell them to take a hike.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

deadhoarse posted:

We had our first child a few weeks back. Everything's going well so far, he's well behaved...eating and sleeping well. I may just be worrying too much, but something has been bothering me.

During labor, the doctor noticed his heartbeat dropping a bit, so he put a fetal scalp monitor on to keep a closer eye on the heartbeat. Everything was fine after that, he was delivered soon after. But today I noticed that I can still see a bit of a scab where they attached the monitor. I'm concerned that it's going to leave a mark, and that he won't ever be able to wear a buzz cut without a bald patch showing. Has anyone here had a scalp electrode/monitor attached to their child? Did it leave any lasting marks?

Grayson still has a scab from his, don't worry about it. The "clip" is actually a small corkscrew that screws into the scalp, so it's going to take a bit to heal.

Edit: You can see it at the end here:

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
I feel so, so terrible when Grayson is stuffed up. For the past two nights it has sounded like he's got really nasty mucus in his sinuses, whenever he tries to breathe through his mouth he makes that frog noise, whenever he tries to breathe through his nose it sounds awfully tough.

We cleared him out with an aspirator and it helped but last night we had the same problem again.

I almost think it's our humidifier causing it...

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

foxatee posted:

As far as I know, the glucose test is standard procedure.

Okay, enough about you people. I have a brand new baby! :neckbeard:

Meet Amelia Irene. She made her appearance at 5:41 p.m. on April 20 (:420:) after two hours of active labor. My husband was a real trooper throughout the whole thing and managed not to pass out in the delivery room. I'm very proud of him. We've been having a hell of a time figuring out how to be parents. My mother has been fantastic with helping out and lending me a hand when I need a rest. I think the only down side of having her around is she's not too supportive of my decision to breastfeed. :( Apparently when she was pregnant, she never bothered trying because she was told it was difficult. Of course, I'm having tons of problems feeding little Peanut, but I'm hanging in there and taking all the advice I've read here (as well as the advice of the lactation consultants at the hospital). We went ahead and rented a breast pump, which will hopefully help. In the meantime, we're supplementing with formula until my body gets things going. With luck, things will get easier when my milk comes in. She's just having so many problems latching with my little nipples. :(

I did have a question, though: How long did it take for you to heal up after delivery? Is there anything that helped you along?

Unfortunately my story won't support your desire to breastfeed, but we tried for two weeks straight and used the pump when we finally gave up and we are now formula+pump feeding.

Breastfeeding is very tough, we thought it would get easier when milk came in but it didn't make a difference. We had limited success with a nipple shield but it was just too frustrating.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

bamzilla posted:

Just want to throw out there that supplementing can mess with your supply because you're not breastfeeding on demand to maintain. We had to supplement because I did not respond to the pump while I was at work, or any other time. My supply tanked pretty much when I went to work and couldn't BF on demand or pump worth poo poo - and I already had issues.

Edited to clarify that I mean supplementing with formula, not pumped milk.

Correct. My wife has been pumping every other feeding and she can already see changes in her supply. She went from ~120ML per pump to about 80ML in the last few days.

We are prepared for this and are not at all surprised, we just want to get as much BM in him as we can while it lasts.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Anyone have any tips for mucus in our 3 week old's eye? We've been massaging the (where we think) tearduct is at every change and wiping away the mucus. The white of his eye is not red so we don't think it's an infection.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Argh, I think I got some Scabies in my hand from working outside and now my wife has to take care of Grayson until I feel like they are gone (We both treated ourselves and washed the house top down).

Mothers day is Saturday and I have already booked and paid for a day long Spa outing for her.

What to do...what to do....

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

AlistairCookie posted:

/\/\/\

I don't mean to doubt you, but are you really sure you have actual Scabies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies

I just ask because one gets Scabies from other people or animals, not being outside in the weeds or whatever. Rarely you can get it from bedding or clothing from an infected person, but that is truly rare. It is an itchy, nasty infection that lasts a couple/few weeks and needs to be treated with a prescription (Ivermectin) to go away--the mites will not die otherwise.

If this is really the case, you need to see a doctor, and your ped. will likely prescribe an infant safe cream for Grayson as a precaution. Your wife can't go to the spa regardless because it's so contagious--the spa would not be cool with a case of scabies. ;)

I'm just asking from experience...I used to work with animals and have gotten cross infected with the animal version of the mite (sarcoptic mange) several times (as well as other yucky skin stuff I do not miss!). Do you maybe have poison ivy/oak/sumac?

I really hope your household has not picked up Scabies... :(

Looked into quite a bit more and I'm not convinced it's that anymore. The first reason is that the itching isn't really there, from what I read, Scabies is like an insane itching all the time, but honestly, up here in Canada, I had never heard of Scabies until I found it on the internet. My wife and I did a full treatment of Nix in case it was Scabies (5% permethrin isn't prescription only in Canada, you can buy it over the counter) and did a full tear down of our house for washing.

I have a prescription of Cortisone and the wife/Grayson show no signs of anything (no rashes, no itching, etc) so I will be applying the Cortisone and moving forward!

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 5, 2011

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
How do you guys spend time outside with your little ones? Grayson is 6 weeks old and hasn't left the house much outside of in his car carrier.

We have a playpen but it doesn't have a sun-block on it.

My wife and I like to spend alot of time in our backyard and we are deprived!

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Yes, this. Even sunblock rather than sunscreen is next recommended before 6 months.

When you and your wife are outside, are you in the direct sun the whole time yourselves? Do you have shade you sit in? Just hold him or wear him if you yourself are in the shade.

The problem is that we are usually working on gardens, etc, not really just hanging around.

I may try to make a sort of tent over top of his playpen and bring it out so he is in the shade and can look around and have some freedom.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Grayson is 7 weeks old and slept from 9:30PM to 6:00AM last night - on one hand we were pretty pumped because we got to sleep but on the other hand that doesn't sound normal to us.

Any ideas?

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
So - who'se got feeding tips? Grayson ate well for a few weeks, the last 2 weeks he has been ridiculous for any feeding after 12:00PM. He eats 60ml of 140ml and then loses his poo poo, no amount of burping, changing or soothing can make him take the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

peanut posted:

MarshallX- How often are you trying to feed him in the afternoons? It could be he's just snacking because he's not fully hungry.

I guess this is our other issue, we have 20 booklets that say 20 different things for how much he should be eating. The range we've seen is 100mL 6 times per day all the way to 180ml 8 times per day (360mL minimum to 1440mL) - ridiculous!

He is now 2 months old and is eating 6 bottles per day at about 140ML each (3 hours apart) - he eats amazing when he wakes up in the morning (sleeps from 9PM to 6AM) and typically wants more than 140ml. After that during his feedings he will drink 80mL and lose his mind. If we stopped feeding him at 80ML for each bottle after the 6AM bottle it would only total 540mL per day which seems really really low.

If we work hard to get the full 140 into him he is around 800mL per day which is good.

He's gaining weight and height fine so part of me wants to say when he's done he's done, but we just don't feel like he's getting enough at that point, but an hour to feed him a bottle with a kicking screaming pissed off baby is no fun!

On the bright side, apart from the feeding problems we have the perfect baby!