Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I would definitely pony up the extra cash for the vegan specific RD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://m.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Practice-Advisories/Practice-Advisory-Novel-Coronavirus2019

General:

Based on limited data and case examples from previous coronaviruses (SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV) and a small number of COVID-19 cases, it is believed that pregnant women may be at higher risk of severe illness, morbidity, or mortality compared with the general population (1-3). Adverse infant outcomes (eg, preterm birth) also have been reported among infants born to mothers positive for COVID-19 during pregnancy. However, this information is based on limited data and it is not clear that these outcomes were related to maternal infection. Currently it is unclear if COVID-19 can cross through the transplacental route to the fetus. There have been a few unsubstantiated reports of infants testing positive for the virus shortly after birth, but validated data is required to understand how these infants were infected and whether or not the virus can be transmitted during pregnancy. In limited recent case series of infants born to mothers infected with COVID-19 published in the peer-reviewed literature, none of the infants have tested positive for COVID-19 (1).

To reduce the risk of transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 from the mother to the newborn, facilities should consider temporarily separating (eg, separate rooms) the mother who has confirmed COVID-19 or is a PUI from her baby until the mother’s transmission-based precautions are discontinued.

Breastfeeding:

There are rare exceptions when breastfeeding or feeding expressed breast milk is not recommended. Whether and how to start or continue breastfeeding should be determined by the mother in coordination with her family and health care practitioners. Currently, the primary concern is not whether the virus can be transmitted through breastmilk, but rather whether an infected mother can transmit the virus through respiratory droplets during the period of breastfeeding. A mother with confirmed COVID-19 or who is a symptomatic PUI should take all possible precautions to avoid spreading the virus to her infant, including washing her hands before touching the infant and wearing a face mask, if possible, while breastfeeding. If expressing breast milk with a manual or electric breast pump, the mother should wash her hands before touching any pump or bottle parts and follow recommendations for proper pump cleaning after each use. If possible, consider having someone who is well feed the expressed breast milk to the infant.

In limited case series reported to date, no evidence of virus has been found in the breast milk of women infected with COVID-19; however, it is not yet known if COVID-19 can be transmitted through breast milk (ie, infectious virus in the breast milk).

TLDR;

Wash your drat hands

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2009316

TL;DR a NY hospital tested all but one of the 215 women who gave birth over a one month period

4 came in with fever symptoms, all had covid19
29 (13%) presented as healthy, but tested as positive

This is the only study I've seen done outside of China so far

My takeaway is that this isn't especially more severe in pregnant women than the general population, but I'm not a doctor or an epidemiologist so my opinion doesn't really matter

medical thing posted:

Of the 211 women without symptoms, all were afebrile on admission. Nasopharyngeal swabs were obtained from 210 of the 211 women (99.5%) who did not have symptoms of Covid-19; of these women, 29 (13.7%) were positive for SARS-CoV-2. Thus, 29 of the 33 patients who were positive for SARS-CoV-2 at admission (87.9%) had no symptoms of Covid-19 at presentation.

Of the 29 women who had been asymptomatic but who were positive for SARS-CoV-2 on admission, fever developed in 3 (10%) before postpartum discharge (median length of stay, 2 days). Two of these patients received antibiotics for presumed endomyometritis (although 1 patient did not have localizing symptoms), and 1 patient was presumed to be febrile due to Covid-19 and received supportive care. One patient with a swab that was negative for SARS-CoV-2 on admission became symptomatic postpartum; repeat SARS-CoV-2 testing 3 days after the initial test was positive.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Looks like we have a girl on the way. So that's pretty cool. Although litteally all of my friends, my cousins, my wife's friends and her siblings are having or just had a boy. Actually her eldest sister had a girl but she's almost old enough to drive now so they're not likely to share many interests immediately.

At what age do boys and girls stop playing together? Do they ever play together? I'm an only child and all my cousins on both sides were boys so I have zero idea what little girls are like.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So re: pregnancy hormones/getting upset etc

How much of that is hormones, and how much of it is getting hangry faster than normal. We are not morning people and probably had a snack last night around 10pm, then slept in until noon and forgot to eat breakfast/brunch which other than a cup of coffee was ~15 hours since last meal. I think they say pregnancy is an extra ~200 calories a day which for the average woman is about 10% additional calories? 10% might not seem like a lot but it is added to your baseload.

Koivunen posted:

Something I wish I would have done when I was breastfeeding during those insane growth spurts was to have some “emergency formula” on hand. Lactation consultants will highly recommend against it, but I wish I had it.

Not to get too deep into a holy war, but why do lactation consultants suggest not giving supplemental formula? Is it because they might start to prefer the bottle, or the shock of a different nutritional profile on their system etc

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What is the correct way to find local facebook/email groups etc

Here in SF area there's 5-10 very large groups, but they all look like militant political organizations that require volunteer time etc. I feel like these are the groups with the crazy parents that we want to avoid if possible.

Mainly looking for peditrician reccomendations, maybe some parents in our neighborhood to meet up with at the park for playdates etc babysitter reccomendations etc

I think normally you meet these people and get this info in doctors waiting rooms, prenatal yoga etc but with social distancing all that "natural" networking is kind of not happening. Feeling pretty isolated despite being in a fairly young part of our city with a healthy proportion of babies and young families.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is there any good reading on agressive/early potty training I should look at. I see interesting anecdotes about how cultures XYZ potty train early but haven't seen any actual literature dedicated to the subject.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

On a scale of 1-10 how important is a good rocking chair

In my mind's eye I'm imagining one or both parents frequently falling asleep in the rocking chair, so I'm imagining a traditional high backed wooden rocking chair

I'm seeing on YouTube that all the YouTube moms seem to prefer a plush upholstered glider chair, a lot of them only midback with little or no head rest

Something like this? https://www.dixieseating.com/shop/rocking-chairs/asheville-wood-rocking-chair-no-907s/

Edit: or something like this? https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/three-posts-mcneel-rocking-chair-trpt6311.html?piid=33349508 anything from Wayfair seems like it's going to be sketchy quality, but that general design

Seems like humanity has been making rocking chairs since the beginning of time and the design hasn't changed much, probably for good reason

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 21, 2020

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

My wife spends about 90% of her time during the lockdown work day sleeping in a t-shirt now, she's really enjoyed working from home while pregnant, particularly since the start of the third trimester

And yeah also her feet grew about an inch and none of her shoes fit anymore, she's extremely distraught about this

Five weeks left to B-day

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We've been watching the "what to expect" and "today's parent" videos and they've been loving spot on each and every week, but we've had a very non-eventful pregnancy so far (knock on wood)

But yeah, trimesters 1 & 3 are supposed to be not amazing, 2nd trimester is pretty great

My personal experience (via my wife) was mild nausea first trimester, for 3-5 weeks; second trimester we did a bunch of hiking/normal non pregnancy activities etc, third trimester my wife is a vampire/mole person, who only arises to scream at me for food and any minor chores that weren't done in advance of her waking up

TL; DR no, not at all uncommon

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Congrats!

boquiabierta posted:

Also padsicles. All the padsicles.

Apparently these are easy to make? Being a guy can you explain to me how these are made? Wife ordered some commerically made ones but I suspect those will only last for so long before we run out

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

How many labor false alarms did everyone have before you decided to go to the hospital

Also how much crying happened, and how soon before labor.

We're at 39w3d or something, definitely something hormonal changed in the last 72 hours, no "real" contractions yet

Yes, usual disclaimer that every pregnancy is different etc etc

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We found out about the nurse line at the local delivery room thing two weeks ago and it's been magical, highly recommend. We called them yesterday to make sure the formula they use is the same stuff we ordered as backup. Pretty minor, but a 30 second phone call solved an hour's worth of worrying. If you're throwing up food and dizzy, it's probably worth giving your nurse line a ring to get a second opinion, just to make sure. That's what it's for. Apparently, at our hospital at least, it's super quiet and they really enjoy talking to people who call in.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So we are doing formula, this is our first, we're about one week in so far;

Couple things I've noticed

1) hospital formula seems to be a higher grade, even if they're labeled mostly the same. No clumps in the formula
2) hospital nipples seem to be more consistently good
3) hospital formula is measured in mL, which is a lot more accurate

4) consumer formula has clumps sometimes that clogs the nipples
5) consumer nipples need to be manually enlarged 2 out of three times
6) consumer formula, the smallest measurement is 1/8 of an ounce which is roughly 4mL, and you can't buy formula with the ml on the side, only hospitals get it

7) the price of formula is about the same if you order it directly from the manufacturer, which ought to be more fresh, on average

Side note always have extra wipes on hand, and if it's a poo diaper, don't try and macguyver it and try and leave the socks on

Another side note, the feeding/changing log isn't optional, especially if you're doing formula and both parents are feeding

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This is all pre-mix ready to drink stuff

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We are just at #1, but we're planning on spacing them (3, ideally) no more than 2 years apart as we don't want to be parenting for 25, 30 years. Ideally the first kid moves out in 18 years, and we downsize to a much smaller house/condo when the last kid moves out in 22 years

The best laid plans and all that,

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

marchantia posted:

As baby starts drinking more I would recommend moving to powdered stuff, you will save soooo much money. You are technically supposed to put the formula into water right off the boil until 3 months. We used a Dr. Browns pitcher and it was a huuuuge help. Our kid also took fridge temp formula so we would just make 24 hrs of formula and pour into bottles as needed. You could do similar and just heat it as needed if yours is more particular.

Yeah we will look into it

I have to say though, the first couple of weeks are real hell as you're trying to learn what the baby needs, how to feed/change the baby without breaking their neck, the logistics of just leaving the house/room etc etc etc

There's a ton of mental load going on just learning all these new tasks, while sleep deprived etc

The ready to drink stuff and disposable nipples allow you to skip learning

1) how to mix formula
2) how to store mixed formula
3) keeping track of how much mixed formula you have
4) if you need to throw out old formula
5) cleaning/sanitizing bottles
6) cleaning/sanitizing nipples
7) cleaning/sanitizing the bottle machine
8) keeping track of how much extra soap you're going through

Etc etc etc ad nauseum

It's like two whole extra lanes of mental thought you get back, and you can learn about as this stuff later when things calm down, especially after week three or so

But yeah right now it's like $50 every 4 days, which is a lot, but also a cheap price for sanity. Highly recommend.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Newborn is hungry alert and feeding every ~2 hrs 50 minutes for the last 2 weeks; that's slightly more than 8 times a day, and matches what we're seeing in the log

Some of these online guides say that by the end of week 4 they will feed spaced 4 hours apart, how true is that

6 feedings a day would be amazing; we're coping with less sleep than we'd like but definitely starting to feel fatigued and we're both napping more

Wife passed the gently caress out Sunday night around 4pm and I took care of the kid until about 4am which was a mistake, I was a zombie all day and now after a nap my schedule is flipped again

The kid is mostly great, it's just exhausting living life in 2:50 segments. I feel like that episode in Battlestar Galactica where the cylons are chasing them down and catch up with them every 8 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUVaqkBqhI

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

It was fine. Hospitals actually do contact tracing for all their staff. We felt pretty safe. Wife got covid tested as a requirement the day before we were planning on going to the hospital.

Our hospital was on "divert" so there weren't any covid patients in the hospital as they were all going to another nearby hospital

Maternity ward is pretty locked down. Although baby stealing isn't something that really happens, there's extra security getting in and out of the maternity ward, so you don't have a bunch of super spreaders wandering around in the hall. Our ward was super chill. Moms aren't allowed out of their rooms except one at a time to minimize covid, so the halls are deserted. We didn't wear masks in our post partum room, but when people came in, we put them on, which was every 20 minutes or so the first two days after.

We also had the "only the birthing partner allowed" rule, it was fine. Doctors were saying it's better with just one other person, the mom can focus on her job and it's less of a party atmosphere.

You'll be fine. If you're planning on breastfeeding, ask everyone in the room how to breastfeed, everyone has a slightly different technique.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'll let my wife handle that.

That's really my only other piece of advice.

The/our hospital lactation consultant was a flighty scatterbrained woman who was completely useless, it wasn't until day 3 that one of the maternity nurses finally gave my wife any useful advice. It's up to the wife, obviously, all I'm saying is don't automatically assume the lactation consultant is the best person to give advice, everyone working in that ward is way more knowledgeable than they let on

Currently posting with a 5 week old falling asleep on my chest :3:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

IUG posted:

My wife is set to be induced on Wednesday

also have two cats, so hopefully they'll let me leave at least daily, but we have her mom ready to cat sit if needed.

Good luck!

We abandoned our cat for 4 days while we went to the hospital, with sufficient food and water, it was fine. We don't like to do that to the cat regularly, but he's seen enough of us the last 9+ months I bet he preferred it, actually

If you want to test out your new baby monitor, point it at the food bowl/s and check it from the hospital

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Anyone have any good resources about the positives and negatives of inducing late?

No resources, but while at the hospital I was surprised to learn from one of the medical staff that the placenta usually reaches peak effectiveness around week 37, then starts to taper down. I had just assumed the entire system continued to grow and get stronger until birth

Edit: yeah we had a pregnancy pillow as well, received high marks in 2nd trimester, very very high marks 3rd. Also had a wedge pillow to keep her knees apart I. I thought they were a phase and she would grow out of them but used them every day until ~1 week postpartum

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 15, 2020

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

I am prepared to support for post partum, I have attuned to when something is a hormone thing that will be identified by her as a hormone thing after the fact. I also know that the worst thing to do mid hormone swing is to call it a hormone swing. Furniture is built. Baby nursery painted and stickered. Now I'm just waiting.

Good luck

Getting the furniture built and having all that poo poo sorted and knowing you just have to wait now, as maddening as it is, is a blessing

Re: hormonal swings: we only had two noteworthy ones, one before, which I was trying to be cool, but somehow being cool meant that I was running a deep state conspiracy theory about the baby with both her family and mine, or something (it's all a blur now). I got her fed and put her to bed and it's never come up since. That was at about 39.5 weeks and days before the election and Trump had just barely beaten covid etc

The other one, less in line with modern politics, I accidentally ordered the non slow flow nipples for the bottles (they look exactly the same) and the baby spat up (the horror) and she's like, Hadlock, this is our child! Verbatim. The horror. I just let the hormones wash over her and ten minutes later we were watching the daily show or whatever

That sucks that the birthing center tried to gently caress you guys last minute

Oh that reminds me, our kid was born during the normal insurance enrollment period, and you don't get it SSN for a couple of weeks, which is right after enrollment ends, plus it's end of year, I think we're still getting our baby's insurance stuff fully sorted, yay

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

A wild cactar has appeared!

KirbyKhan posted:

The first dad wolf identifying that this could be accomplished very easily with some YouTube audio rips, a raspberry pi, and my old bluetooth speakers. The other wolf is lazy and appreciates the gift.

We have no less than three white noise devices in our house

We ended up with a couple of those google home mini pucks, and a paid spotify account. "ok google play nursery music" is a lifesaver, as is "ok google, play baby white noise in nursery on spotify". edit: "ok google, play final fantasy IX theme on nursery" also works. We use it 100x more than any of the devices, except the Hatch Baby Rest, which lives on the changing table and is only useful because it plays white noise when you touch it

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Big Dick Cheney posted:

got my wife a massage seat thing for her birthday. it could be bad?? She heard that it could cause premature labor. Sounds fake but

It never occurred to me that the phrase "old wives tale" was literal until days before the birth of our own kid when all of a sudden a bunch of "wisdom" was handed down to me from others

Things my wife's family told her

Pineapple could cause miscarriages
Jumping is bad for the baby
Running is bad for the baby
Not shaving the baby's head immediately after birth will cause it to have thin hair

There are others but I've forgotten them as they're not worth the brain cells to file away

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Humidifier is a great suggestion. If the humidity in your house drops below 30% nosebleeds can become common. If you live somewhere in the upper northwest like wisconsin your humidity might be in the teens

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

It's called a pregnancy test but really it's an hcg hormone test

It's super exciting but there's a reason why they sell them in three, five and seven packs. Spotting can mean any number of things, you'll want to talk to your doc, looks like you have an appt now so that's good. Spotting isn't uncommon

Big milestones are 6 and especially 12 weeks, but until then stay cautiously optimistic. Your doc can walk you through what's next.

Early congrats! It IS genuinely super exciting. The first six weeks go by really fast. If you're getting a positive test, you're already at, I think, week two and part way into week 3

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Baby has learned she can make cute cooing noises, that she's done for months now

In the last 72 hours she's found out that shrieking is A LOT more effective at getting parents attention

Also way way way too young to teach her not to shriek. Went from calm zen baby budda house plant, to shrieking siren house plant with opinions in the span of an afternoon

Looks like this.... May? Be a phase? About 2 months? Then it dies down sightly

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

In the last 72 hours she's found out that shrieking is A LOT more effective at getting parents attention

Looks like this.... May? Be a phase? About 2 months? Then it dies down sightly

The last week has been pretty transformative, first glimmer of actual personality starting to show, her movement though space has gone from 2D to 3D, lots of rolling over and propping herself up, and seems to have wants/interests beyond just food and sleep, and rather than just reacting to events, has a more active interest in her surroundings, and object permanence seems to be kicking in

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah unless you're doing fertility treatment or have a history of miscarriage, over 35 first pregnancy, etc etc, 6 weeks ultrasound is not super common. At 6 weeks with fertility treatment they want to see if it attached correctly and where, viability etc. for diagnostic purposes. Also due to genetic lottery etc it's not worth getting people's hopes up until at least week 8. If your doctor was refusing you ultrasound after 12 weeks I would be concerned. 6 weeks, not so much

If you look at the math etc of how they measure weeks, by the time you get a positive pregnancy test you're already on week 4, almost starting week 5

It's super exciting but yeah, a lot of hurry up and wait

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 22, 2021

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Change diaper after every feeding
You sleep when they sleep, this is not optional, I can't stress this enough

The YouTube series "what to expect" and also "today's parent your pregnancy" were dead on for us

Around week 2.5 things improve, and by week 6 things are dramatically better

Edit: there's nothing wrong with formula, it works great

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Honestly I greatly prefer formula as a guy, as now I'm significantly more involved in the feeding process, and mom likes the fact that we can take turns doing late night feedings etc. Although I can totally understand as a mom being upset about it.

I think the reason everyone just says "you'll figure it out" is because the first two weeks are basically keeping baby alive with a combo of food + diaper changes, plus the stress of learning to pick up on cues, learning how to diaper change, swaddle, not talk loud when the baby is drifting off etc, all while massively sleep deprived

Things chillax significantly by week six, just try and keep that goal on the horizon

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

You kind of have to take a look at your own risk profile and decide for yourself. The people running the APA are probably at least a little bit wacko, but they do have to account for all babies born from ~34 weeks up to 40+ weeks, with all sorts of health ailments, plus all sorts of parents (including smokers) at all income levels, and in all kinds of climates. Blankets in cold weather regions seem to have an outsize impact. Once we looked at the actual SIDS numbers, and realized neither we nor our climate were risk factors we relaxed a little bit

That said sids/choking hazards are real so do your reading and at least learn about current best practices

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Spoggerific posted:

Hello thread. I'm an American living in Japan, Things over here regarding pregnancy and childbirth are a bit different compared to the US.

Hospitals over here are also extremely strict with COVID precautions, and I haven't been allowed to attend a single checkup since my wife got pregnant - they don't even want me waiting in the lobby, so I have to stay at home while she goes to them. Even after a routine birth, women in Japan generally stay in the hospital for an entire week afterwards.

This is normal, I went to the first two appointments before ~march 15, 2020 and was banned from the hospital until the birthing process due to covid stuff after that time

Spoggerific posted:

Hello thread. I'm an American living in Japan,

I also won't be able to attend the birth, nor will I be able to visit my wife and daughter in the hospital until they're discharged.

This is loving nuts

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Make note that the majority of SIDS deaths happen in cold climate homes and also smokers homes, with big fluffy blankets (see: cold climate homes) being a major contributing factor. Another major contributing factor is children being born before/well before 37-39 weeks. The people writing these reccomendations have to take in to account ALL homes and ALL families, climates etc. When you're forced to write specs like these, pretty much all you can recommend is that babies sleep in temperature regulated glass boxes with a 100% oxygen feed. Somebody probably spent several hours fighting with lawyers to even allow a bed sheet on the matress.

TL;DR choose your own risk level, not everyone follows the SIDS requirements exactly to the letter 100% of the time

That said, my sister in law brought over these pink fluffy... tutu puff things, which seemed pretty harmless. At some point (kid is closing in on 7 months now) one of the pink mesh fabric puffs made it into the crib, and we didn't give it too much mind because being a mesh puff did not seem like a strangulation hazard. Well about a week ago I found Hadlock Jr with a 1/8" pink ribbon wrapped around her hand and arm. Apparently we missed that part of the pink puff, they were originally ceiling decorations, apparently. Thankfully the ribbon got wrapped around her arm, and not too tightly, and not anywhere else :ohdear:

Anyways, my personal opinion is that the SIDS stuff is maybe a bit draconian, but also it's hard to argue with, as it's impossible to get strangled by air :iiam:

edit: also, the flat head pillow is great, keep in mind that it's designed to be used with a particular side up

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 18, 2021

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

hallo spacedog posted:

Does anyone have experience being induced? If so how long did it take you to go into labor? I started at 3 cm and they administered pitocin at around 11 today, and its 3 now.

We induced at 41+ wks, 18 hours later no change, elected for C-section at the hospital around 10am, baby was out surgically by 6pm

C section recovery adds 2 days to the hospital stay, the nurse informed us that from when we checked in after our 18 hour induction, it would be a minimum of 36 hours before babby formed

Went home 4 days later, babby still alive, mom happy, a+ would repeat again

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Congrats! Glad to hear

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This or the pregnancy thread, yup

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

C-Euro posted:

My wife and I are trying to get pregnant with our first kid. Obviously you're not supposed to consume alcohol while you're pregnant, but what about when you're trying to become pregnant? She's not much a drinker in the first place, but I'm picturing the scenario where she becomes pregnant, doesn't realize it until 8 weeks or so, and has a few drinks in the interim. That sounds bad in my head?

I personally would limit drinking between ovulation and period to 0 drinks. Drinking prior to ovulation ought not be a problem, although doctors claim alcohol suppresses fertility

Alcohol has an oversize impact of correct, permanent expression of genes for face/brain/major organ shape/development, particularly in the first 5-8 weeks, google (don't do this) fetal alcohol syndrome face

I doubt two glasses per night spread across 5 hours is going to have any measurable impact compared to a nightly binge drinker, but it's something to be aware of. Also up until about 50 years ago, most of humanity has been drinking some small amount of alcohol during their entire pregnancy and society hasn't collapsed yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah wait no longer than 6 months to go see a doctor. A simple $20 blood test can tell you all about your hormone levels etc. 1 in 20 (5% of) women have mild hypothyroidism which is 100% cured by a tiny pill that's almost free, with no side effects, and can fix several fertility issues, for example. An ultrasound can tell you a whole lot as well

KirbyKhan posted:

Never lose hope, always be bangin

New thread title