Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

MoCookies, I'm in Montreal and I'm taking 50 weeks through QPIP and my husband is taking 5, plus a week or so that will be paid through his work.

Also, depending on what you do for a living, the Quebec government (the CSST) may pay you 90% of your salary to not work, so ask your doctor about a "Preventive Withdrawal and Reassignment Certificate for a Pregnant or Breast-feeding Worker". If your Dr. feels that your job carries any risk for your baby they will fill this out and have another Dr. consult and sign off on it... Then you send it off to the CSST, and your employer has to either adjust/reduce your tasks (with no penalty in pay) for the remainder of your pregnancy, or you get put on paid preventive withdrawal. Quebec may be annoying in some ways but it is a great place to have a baby.

Longpig fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Hey guys I had a baby! Howell Davis H---- was born March 24 at 3:17 am. I was in labour for 25 hours including 1.5 hours of pushing before the doctor concluded that he was stuck and would have to be sectioned. So I got to have the joys of labour plus major surgery, hurray! In fact they only part of my birth plan that went right in the end was that I didn't get an episiotomy. After all that I didn't care though, because I still got my prize ham.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I'm so sorry for your loss, JBark. :( I'll be thinking of your family.