Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My wife's only request for the emergency maternity bag so far is that I bring the Switch so she can play MK and tetris if she gets bored. I don't think she'll need it but ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mad Wack posted:

my wife also requested the switch, we brought it to the hospital and it is sitting next to her for the first two weeks postpartum but frankly she's been too exhausted to play it

I figure it'll be like trying to take my DS to things as a teen, if we bring it we'll never look at it once but if we don't things will drag.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Looks like our baba is about 2cm short of where he should be at week 34. We've a scan soon, hopefully things are OK

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Good news, my wife finally had a scan (I couldn't go this time) and he is apparently just a slightly small baby, though the nurse was surprised that the midwife also didn't take the time to talk to us about him being breeched, which we both could tell anyway. She's secretly delighted for the confirmation though, she's been obsessed with the idea of a caesarian for years, in a morbid blood and guts kind of way :sweatdrop:

We are at 36 weeks as of today

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wife tripped and fell on her way to the cinema in her giant goth boots and managed to pivot while falling, ended up in hospital anyway, just to be safe, both of them are ok but she got to have the big breech talk while in there anyway, turns out we live in one of those places that doesn't bother with pain meds for Normal Versions either. Which seems LOVELY. So now she's even more set on the section or just hoping he moves on his own, he's ages to do it yet though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They didn't even bring pain management up with her. She said the talk seemed to emphasise how painful it was to both her and the kid. They also went ahead and put her name down on one for next week for some reason, "just in case". She wasn't impressed and won't be showing up if called (I'm so glad we aren't paying for it).

I'm sure it'll come up again at her midwife visit this week and I'll ask. We are in Ireland so I just kind of assume if there's anything lovely they make a pregnant mother do for no reason that the Nuns figured it was better to suffer for totally non-sadistic reasons and it's a holdover from then

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Section booked for the 14th! Valentine's day baby!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So the section was booked for today, we got ready, went to bed early and wouldn't you know at 1am my wife's water broke. She ended up having an emergency section, he's something like 5 pound 16, tiny little guy. He's gorgeous :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
First night home! My wife is doing really well, better than we all thought. but also refused to take a nap on day 2 while I had him and ended up with a super needy baby who would not sleep without being held and stayed awake through til me arriving the next day. Really wish I'd have been allowed stay over night with her for this exact scenario.. So tonight is my turn to stand watch while she finally sleeps. Fell asleep in my desk chair next to him. He rules. My brain's already been rewritten, he farts and I'm like "hell yeah I'm so proud of you"

Eeyo posted:

Is it kicking yet? That was super weird for me to feel as the dad.

Oh yeah and wait til you feel them hiccup in there, it's amazing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've no idea. I have to assume it's something religious again, You know Nuns they are all about strength through adversity and my wife definitely had her instincts put to the test. Maybe they just don't want lads sleeping in chairs. I do know there's one entire men's room in the whole building and some prick blocked it so there's credence to that theory too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh wow, my boy was so small and was still twice as heavy, he must be so tiny I can't even imagine! Congratulations!