Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
I've gone homebrew crazy since discovering this thread! I love it!

I can play the right version of Cave Story again on the go (Cave Story 3D sucked rear end), Back up all my UMDs onto a single memory card so I don't have to carry around my carry case or decide to leave stuff at home, meaning I can always go on a quick Monster Hunt.

My question though is this, I started playing Momodora, a Cave Story-esque game on my PC, I was wondering is there a method to port it to PSP as the controls are not complicated and the graphics even less so.

Also based off Manac0r's post, does that mean PSP emulation is easy on the vita? As I live in china and those things are near dirt cheap here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Dehry posted:

There are exploits in PSN PSP games they use to crash the Vita into PSP mode. At that point you've got a homebrew PSP running on Vita. Sony controls it though, since you have to get the game on the Vita from the PSN store and never update again. The last exploit game was Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and like any other exploit games it was pulled from the store and patched out in a firmware update.

Ah, so it's kinda like when they release a game, there's a back door they forgot to lock? And to get in you have to buy that game?

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Dehry posted:

Right, although sometimes it's a demo so you don't have to do that. Really though, just going out and buying a PSP is the best option right now.

My mighty Pink PSP has done me well this far. So is there a way to port a small pc game to the psp? or is it overly complicated?

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Captain Novolin posted:

You'd have to know how to code, have a copy of that game's source code, make sure that it will run on the PSP (with it's tiny amount of RAM and processing power) and then re-write the game to work on it. So no, there really isn't an easy way to do it.

Awesome.

Maybe I'll contact the developers...

I got enough on my hands psp wise anyways.

Thanks man!

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Anyone know how to organise Isos? I have PSP manager but, it doesn't sort isos and it really bugs me that my digital PSP games are in the same order as I uploaded them.

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

Just the thing! Thanks Man or..lady!

Now I just have to over come my crippling OCD that the PSone classics from PSN have a different Icon and shape to the rest of my psone eboots :gonk:(which look like PSP game icons).

• Locked thread