Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anniepoo
Feb 27, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

Why is that a problem when you've been asked to buy illegal generics because they're cheaper anyway? :p

Yeah, we really don't give a flying gently caress about NDAs around my lab. You can tell by the boxes sitting in the lobby where are samples are coming from and often they are left in their retail packaging in the incubators fridges. There's nothing better than walking down to the food processing folks and asking, "what shouldn't I be eating this week?"

Here are two general tips for you folks:

1. There is a reason raw milk is pasteurized here in the United States. While I appreciate that countries in Europe sell it and make all sorts of lovely cheeses and yogurts and the like with it, they also have much much stricter food inspection and safety laws than we do. After all it will cause poor mom & pop farmers to lose their jobs in this tough economy! :jerkbag:

Here, there are often Listeria contamination issues. While Listeria doesn't affect men, it often gives pregnant women a surprise abortion. Even if you aren't pregnant, did you properly handle the raw milk such that a possible contamination won't spread to other surfaces or foods? Are you sure? That's why the United States can't have nice things.

2. Wash your drat greens! I know this is SA and eating veggies isn't as common as it should, wash them. It's not that greens are inherently dangerous, but that the public education on food safety has focused on meat (for a good reason) and folks just assume that their pretty little organic arugula hasn't ever touched grey water (it has).

I used to raise milk goats and yep, handled the milk raw and drank it raw. Never a problem because we had a CLOSED herd, did the necessary sanitary checks and always promptly took care that the milk was properly chilled. Closed herd and sanitary inspection/vaccinations of does/proper sterilization of utensils and milking containers, proper sanitation of udders and milk strip tests made for a clean dairy. Raised three kids on goat's milk..(kept no billy's) and all survived to go on and drain my bank account for college. lol..
but not all are so careful..so do as you say and not as I do..still..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU