Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monsterbunny
Feb 2, 2007

Cacator posted:

Staying at The Jane for 6 days in early-mid November, it's my second time in New York and my friend's first. Random questions:
Any recommendations for affordable eateries/bars/clubs in the West Village, considering it's a more upscale neighborhood? What are the chances I'll see a snooty Hollywood celebrity?
How's the weather, should I dress for cold winds or precipitation?
Is the Brooklyn flea market worth the trip? What's the hipster ratio there?
I'm assuming if we were to try a prix fixe lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant, we'd need to be dressed fairly businesslike?

The West Village has a ton of affordable places, especially if you don't have to be tied to that exact region. Some of the best pizza-by-the-slice in NY can be found there, including Bleecker Street Pizza or Joe's Pizza.

Other affordable places are http://www.blindtigeralehouse.com/, umamiburger.com, and themeatballshop.com. I don't pay attention to celebs to be honest, but they tend to try and blend in as much as possible.

The weather in November can honestly be a coin flip between lovely autumnal weather in the mid 50s, or lately a bit higher in the 60s the past few years. It rarely snows that early in the year, but it's possible that there could be rain.

Typically the one-star Michelin restaurants ask for a minimum of smart-casual attire (think dressy button-down shirts with a sports coat + nice unripped demin and shoes). I'm super excited for the Tim Ho Wan to open up though for some 1-star dim sum though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread