Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Pony
May 12, 2007

Its not a pony, its a MAGIC pony.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this or if its the Regional Discussion thread, but I'm in New York right now and literally every single hostel and hotel is full up! I mean it, everything is occupied. I spent a day going from hostel to hostel, then hostel to hotel, and nobody had room! Everything I've looked at online says their full as well!

One hotel told me its because this is "Fashion week" in NY and everyone in the fashion world is here for a week and a half. Designers, models, you name it.

I finally found a hotel in the bronx but its pricey. I had planned to stay in a nice cheap hostel while looking for an apartment, but now I'm going to have to go stay a week or two with my best friend's grandma's place an hour away until this whole thing blows over.

I flew in on sept 11th because it was dirt cheap to fly to NY on that day. Is September just a really bad month for travel or is it always like this?

When I lived in San Francisco and couldn't find a new place before my lease was up, I was able to walk into any hostel and get a shared room right away. And this was also in September!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread