Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Handsome Rob posted:

I'm going to be stopping in New York for a couple nights on my way from Boston to Pittsburgh. Having been to NYC many times, but never by car, I know I don't want to try to park in the city or anywhere near where I'm staying. Any recommendations for a park and ride location, somewhere in Jersey maybe where I can leave my car for a night or two and take the train in? The cheaper the better.

Depending on what direction/how far out you want to be, either Metropark or Secaucus Junction. Metropark is a lot cheaper, but further away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ChocNitty posted:

I got a small question...

A friend and I will be flying into newark international airport and we will have half a day of downtime there, with no car. My buddy has never been to NYC and i'd like to at least go have lunch in Times Square.

Is there a train route that we can take, that's within walking distance of the airport?

If not, is it feasible to take a bus?

Newark Airport has a train stop on a bunch of New Jersey Transit lines that go to New York City at Penn Station. It's fairly easy to get to/deal with.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Macintosh posted:

Also, to show you how poorly this is being executed, I can get to EWR from Ridgewood through public transit right?

Yes, but not directly; you're going to have to switch at Secaucus Junction.

• Locked thread