Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

Hi,

I'm going to New York in May with my family and just wanted some pointers.

1) I'm a big fan of comic books and a bigger fan of movies, are there any cool activities or locations to visit based around these interests?

2) My mum is really hyped to go to Little Italy, any recommendations from that area?

3) What's Coney Island like? Anything to look out for if we head that way?

4) We're planning on taking a helicopter ride, anyone have any experience with these?

So far we've decided to play it pretty fast and loose with only a couple of things that we feel we absolutely have to do. We're going to the Empire State Building and The American Museum of Natural History but other than that we just plan to go wherever the day takes us. Is this a good way to approach things?

Cheers for the information already provided, I'm going to make a list of some of the places mentioned. New York, I can't wait to be in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

I just got back yesterday and I had an absolutely amazing time.

All the touristy destinations are super and if you're visiting New York for the first time you should definitely do a bunch of that stuff but please just walk around the place and find your own awesome time. As cool as The Empire State was it was infinitely cooler to wander down a street and find a festival or go to a bar and get chatting to a local. I wish I got more of a chance to head out to the boroughs but the people I went with weren't cut out for it. It's going to happen next time I go. I'm already saving in my head for the next trip.

Highlights for me included the walk back over the Brooklyn Bridge, the Cornerstone Cafe, Top of the Rock, wandering through Central Park on a wonderfully sunny day and just meandering about in general.

What an incredible place. I wish I lived there.

• Locked thread