Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I've been thinking more and more about moving to New York. I don't have any particular job prospects, and my work experience is a few years of teaching English here and a few years doing the same abroad. I figure maybe I'll just temp and keep my eyes open and hope I find something.

First: is this insane? I do have a good amount of money saved up so it's not like I'm going to starve to death.

If it's not insane, where to live? I like Brooklyn but I hear Astoria's really cool for the buck.

And how to arrange a living situation? I figured I might take the bus up, stay in a hostel or maybe crash with my cousin in Park Slope while I look into sublets on craigslist or whatever.

Any wise words? I'd really just like to spend some time living in the area while I'm still young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread