Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I'm gonna be in the city all next week and have a couple days with no work or plans. What's some fun stuff to do alone? Looks like it might rain so I'm thinking indoor stuff, like going to an indie movie theater or a lesser known museum or something like that. Bookstores and movie/DVD stores would be great too. Not real into bars but cool cafes are good. Staying in Manhattan but I'll wander around anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Test Pattern posted:

Museums. We have a lot and most of them are great. Lesser known and good: art: Frick, whitney, MoMA PS1 in LIC, Brooklyn museum, folk art, cloisters; cultural: museo del barrio, Jewish museum, native American museum at the battery, and on and on (whatever your ethnic backgrounds and interests, there's likely to be at least one museum laser-targeted for you in the city)
Only bookstore worth going to as a tourist (unless you have a special interest in one of the specialized stores that remain) is Strand. With Kim's gone, no movie store is worth visiting as a tourist.
Cafes, there's at least one somewhat cool cafe or cafe-likw space in almost everyneighborhood .

The problem with recommending anyone anything is there's something for everyone. Into film? Museum of the Moving Image, good indie cinemas in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Into cafe culture or coffee conneisurship? Cafes for both of those.

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed into film, so I'll check that one out. I've been to Strand several times, I'll probably check it out again though if I'm nearby.

• Locked thread