Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febtober
Oct 29, 2003

teacup posted:

5. Dear god tipping one person said 10% one person said 15% now someone else in the thread said keep it simple do one half of one third (wtf mate) I just don't want people to be offended at me

No one will (rightly) be upset with a 15-20% tip. Tax here in NYC is 8.75%, so if you want to keep it simple, just double the tax and that'll be fine. You can round it up to the next dollar to get you closer to the 20% mark (or just to make the math easier).

Keep in mind you also tip your cab drivers here as well. If you do any guided group tours, you also tip the tour leader at the end as well.

Febtober fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febtober
Oct 29, 2003

Panthrax posted:

So, me and some friends are driving to NYC from Ohio, and need somewhere to park. The hotel's charging something stupid like $42/night. We're staying at the Holiday Inn on 57th between 9th and 10th Ave. Is there anything in the area that's not going to cost us $200 for the weekend?

Much of the city doesn't have street cleaning regulations during the weekend, so if you're only here for a few days, you can just park somewhere on the street.

I personally live in West Harlem and during the day there's plenty of parking on the residential streets. Depending on the side of the street you park on, you could park it Friday afternoon and not have to touch it again until Tuesday morning (or if you park on the other side, you could park it Thursday afternoon and not have to move it till Monday morning.)

Then just walk around the corner to the subway, you'll be at your hotel in about 20 minutes or so.

• Locked thread