Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.

radlum posted:

I am going to be in NY for most of July. What kind of weather can I expect? I know it's summer and it's pretty hot, but is there any other thing I have to know about the weather during July?
It will be very humid and there's a high chance of spontaneous rain. Also, if you're not used to cities in the summer, they have ... a smell.

Cuddlebottom fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.

Cacator posted:

Is Coney Island worth checking out now when everything's closed? I feel like I might get a bleak, desolate vision of American past/very near future vibe if I were to go which might be fun?

Depends on what you mean by worth it - it is weird to see it all shut down, but I'm not sure what you'd do other than walk around and take moody photos. I guess you could always head to Brighton Beach afterwards, which is an interesting place its own right.

Cuddlebottom
Feb 17, 2004

Butt dance.

neogeo0823 posted:

Also, how well does Trip Advisor do at sorting out the best restaurants in town? It hasn't failed me yet, but I know that NYC is kind of a food mecca. Would I be better off limiting restaurant searches to wherever I'm planning on being for that particular meal, or should I search city wide for whatever I'm hungry for and head in that direction?
At least in my neighborhood TripAdvisor seems somewhat biased towards places that are mostly popular with tourists (not to say that they're bad, just busy). Yelp and FourSquare are fairly popular options here.

Unless you're going to a restaurant as a destination (which, if you're into food, you totally can and should!) you won't need to search city-wide. There's good food almost everywhere - avoid national chains and everything near Times Square and you'll do OK.

• Locked thread