Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Crossposting from the NYC locals thread:

I'll be in town this weekend and figured I should take a quick poll to see if anything special or cool is happening. I'm staying with friends in Queens and am just gonna play the trip by ear, so will probably try to catch some jazz someplace and get cheap tickets to a play or two. Spend most of my days wandering around to museums and poo poo. Those sorts of things. I gave up finding tickets to book of mormon because they were all more expensive than my round-trip airfare and that was the only thing I'd plan on seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Oh yeah. So I'd say that my two big things to suggest to other people are going to Sleep No More and the Museum of Moving Image. The latter is real cheap (12 regular, 9 student) and has a whole poo poo ton of cool stuff from movie history along with some contemporary (internet) stuff. It has a little video game section too. And this is on top of regular movie screenings that are free with the ticket.

Sleep No More is hard to describe, but it's like a mashup of a haunted house, Macbeth, and Eyes Wide Shut. I think it was around 80 bucks and is totally worth it if only for the opportunity to stumble across things like a Satanic baby-sacrifice blood orgy techno strobe light goat-head black mass.

My friends had heard that the Museum of Sex was pretty interesting, but I think it's mostly wasted opportunity. Although the stuff they have is interesting, it was like 20 bucks for very little exhibits. I guess they get by with their store sales and the novelty.

• Locked thread