Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
I feel guilty for even asking this as there is so much information out there, but I and my fiancée will be in NYC over New Years Eve and I'm having trouble working out what to do. I realise I'm leaving it a bit late, but I'm happy to splurge a bit on something nice - any particular recommendations for restaurants, bars etc? I think we lean away from too touristy, but I'd still like to give her as special an experience as I can manage - I was considering some of the boat things to watch the fireworks or ideally some chill rooftop bar or something that we can also get dinner at and relax. I expect most everywhere will be jam packed and/or booked out, though, but if its too full on and we can't hear each other speak we'll probably get bored and head back to the hotel early. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
Well I was thinking in the particular context of places that would be good as a NYE destination but I've booked something now (on a ship) so all good there. I'd still like to make a couple of restaurant bookings for Xmas eve and day - I guess I feel just a bit overwhelmed by the choice. How about for Xmas eve a good restaurant with a view over the city? Any thoughts?

• Locked thread