Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouija
Nov 28, 2004

dont try

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Any suggestions for a good place in lower Manhattan/Brooklyn to watch the Champions League finale?

Berry Park is quality - get there early, though. I actually might go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouija
Nov 28, 2004

dont try

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

My wife and I are looking at flying out for 6 days (including travel) in early June. We're interested in doing the standard stuff - a Broadway play, a visit to central park and the Met, fancy prix fixe lunches, and greasy street food dinners. We have a few questions to start the planning off:
  • Should we aim to visit over a weekend, or would visiting during the week be better?
  • If we want to spend a day out of Manhattan, where should we go? We'd love to have a neighborhood to walk around in that's subway accessible and has good food and neat local shops. The ability to bar hop with $5 drinks would be a major plus.
  • Are there any tall buildings with great views that don't have the wait of the empire state building?
Right now we're just trying to nail down the basic structure of the trip - I'm sure I'll be back with a ton more questions closer to June. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The tourist areas will be more crowded on weekends, the business areas will be more crowded on the weekdays - if you're here for 6 days I don't think it'll matter much.

Neighborhoods in Brooklyn I can recommend are Park Slope (5th or 7th ave), Cobble Hill (Smith Street), DUMBO, Williamsburg (Bedford Ave), Greenpoint (Franklin Ave) - In Queens I suppose Broadway in Astoria is the closest I can think of.. but it's pretty unremarkable. You won't find 5$ drinks in New York City unless it's in a seedy dive.. expect ~10$ wells & wine, ~6$ drafts, can find cans for 3-5$

Top Of The Rock

• Locked thread