Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Staying at The Jane for 6 days in early-mid November, it's my second time in New York and my friend's first. Random questions:
Any recommendations for affordable eateries/bars/clubs in the West Village, considering it's a more upscale neighborhood? What are the chances I'll see a snooty Hollywood celebrity?
How's the weather, should I dress for cold winds or precipitation?
Is the Brooklyn flea market worth the trip? What's the hipster ratio there?
I'm assuming if we were to try a prix fixe lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant, we'd need to be dressed fairly businesslike?

Cacator fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Is Coney Island worth checking out now when everything's closed? I feel like I might get a bleak, desolate vision of American past/very near future vibe if I were to go which might be fun?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Update: Didn't end up going there as it was too far out of the way. But Dave Chappelle and Louis CK both did surprise sets at the Comedy Cellar the night I went!!!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Snorri posted:

Wow! Which night was this out of curiosity?

November 11. We had flirted with the idea of lining up for SNL once we heard Chappelle was hosting but after learning how early people have to line up for rush tickets we were all "gently caress that" and since we heard big names occasionally pop in to the Comedy Cellar we figured we'd book some seats and settled on 11:30 at the Village Underground (the new one). Got seated stage centre right behind the first row and after the first four acts (all solid but the only name I recognized was Jerrod Carmichael who did a pretty great and very antisemitic joke) the MC says not to pull out your phones and announces Chappelle, (who did end up doing a lot of the same jokes on SNL the next day) and I'm pretty sure I was screaming like a teenage girl at that point. After Chappelle's set the MC comes up and says "let's keep this show going" and I'm wondering how the hell you can top that and then he announces Louis CK and I'm in utter disbelief. Incidentally we got seated with a regular who said that Louis CK did a set at the earlier show and his material this time around was completely different, and that he had heard from the staff that Chappelle was hanging out with Chris Rock around the corner before the show too but he didn't expect Chappelle to show up either. So in all a very rare and extremely lucky experience!!

• Locked thread