Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Panthrax posted:

So, me and some friends are driving to NYC from Ohio, and need somewhere to park. The hotel's charging something stupid like $42/night. We're staying at the Holiday Inn on 57th between 9th and 10th Ave. Is there anything in the area that's not going to cost us $200 for the weekend?
I went to NYC in March, and parked at the Newark airport with my girl friend and just took the train in. Parking was about 70 dollars I believe, plus 15 dollars to get from the airport to penn station.

For people looking for cheap hotels, I highly recommend using priceline's "name your price." We got an extremely nice hotel (http://www.mansfieldhotel.com/) off of 44th and 5th ave for $120 a night, came to almost $140 after fees. I used this website as a guide to the bidding: http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/68/New-York-State-New-York-City#.T0HMU_H2Yee

We stayed three nights and were able to do Central Park, Empire State Building, China Town, Union Square, WTC site, Time Square, Columbia University (mainly to check out the restaurant in Seinfeld), and the Metropolitan museum of art.

This September we are planning to go back since I have 400 dollars to use towards any Delta flight, and with both us, will cost us only 50 more dollars plus bagging fees. We are going to stay another three nights, and plan on going to the metro museum of art again (we got there at 3pm last time, closes at 5) and central park. Is Coney island worth the time to go out there? We are going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and do the Rock this time instead of the Empire State Building.

One good place to eat breakfast we found: Clinton Street Bakery on 4 Clinton Street (btw. East Houston & Stanton). Best breakfast I have ever had outside and runs about 12 dollars a plate I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread