Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I am going to be in NYC over the 4th of July holiday. This is my first time to the city and first time flying. I'm a little nervous about both. This thread has been very helpful. I have 2 specific questions:

1. Where is the best place to be for the firework display over the Statue of Liberty?

2. What advice can locals give to someone with social anxiety and a fear of crowds heading to NYC?

Part of this trip is exposure therapy, and I am curious about social norms that I should be aware of, if any. I grew up in a town of 3,000 people and large cities are very overwhelming to me. But I am very excited and want this to be a great experience.

Thanks to all, in advance, for any advice or suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I will be in NYC in just over a week with my sister, niece, and nephew.

Are any of those "city passes" worth it? If so, is there one that is better than the others?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Thanks Teacup and SwivelTits, that's good advice.

(never could have expected to type those words in that order)

• Locked thread