Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists

Leonard Pine posted:

I'm going to be in New York for a few days in April. It's my first trip but I'm not really interested in the big stuff - can anyone recommend any smaller, interesting art galleries or libraries, or places to hear soul/gospel/cajun music? Recommendations for bigger shops where I can get second hand books and comics would also be welcome as I'd like to try and track down some older Chas Addams stuff :)

My favorite bookstores in NY are Three Lives & Co., which is on 10th St. (one of the most beautiful streets in the village!) and of course Strand, which is just a couple blocks down of Union Square. They're relatively close to each other, actually, an easy walk unless it's raining. Three Lives is a great little boutique and almost everything in there is interesting, and Strand is a huge/famous used bookstore with good prices and is really fun to wander through. The Housing Works bookstore is also cool. I don't know anything about comics; there's a comic book store a few blocks north of Strand but I don't know if it's any good or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread