Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Random question. On vacation in Charleston two weeks ago and the kids got interested in where all the ships were coming from and going to. We ended up tracking a car carrier on marinetraffic.com (Sirius Highway, if anyone cares) and it appears to have changed it's destination port a couple times (originally listed as going to Belgium and being there 5 days ago), spent a few days anchored in the Irish sea, and is finally back underway after what seemed like an unplanned stop in England and is now headed to Germany.

So is the free version of marinetraffic.com just flakey, did the ship really have a bit of a weird crossing. The kids want to know what's up and I don't know what to tell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I gotta imagine it wasn't empty because there was another one loading up off of a rail yard full of BMWs from the SC plant but maybe? I guess if it's weird it's weird and that's still something for the kids to learn.

Couldn't believe how big the ships were though. Like a giant floating box with a little bit of a bow. Didn't even really look like a ship.

• Locked thread