Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
So it's kind of a dead horse about former naval personnel who don't have deck experience and don't have a technical degree, but what about those who do have it?

I'm going through my enlistment as an electrical technician, which means I work on navigational radar systems and the different communications gear. Chances are that I'll end up working on the weatherdeck as well just by the nature of frigates and destroyers.

Would they pretty much overlook any of that stuff and tell me to suck it up and use my MGIB and go get a real degree at one of their academies, or would six years of fixing things be able to land me at least in a competitive position as far as getting hired goes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wait, so you would be waiverable if you jammed a claw hammer in your eye and wore an eye patch, but not with the eye having poor sight? That's an odd loophole.

• Locked thread