Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

So I'm sure this has been asked but I'm going to anyway because I'm stupid and can't be bothered:

Say I got around 10-12 months to kill and I'm looking for something to do to be employed and get the gently caress out of dodge. I'm ok with horrible manual labor because whatever. A 6 month slave ship cruise sounds like it would at least get me out of town. I've never even seen the ocean. Never been on more than a lake boat.

What are my chances of finding a quick job on a ship and how would I go about it?

I'm sure it doesn't matter either but I have a Bachelor of Arts if that helps.

For reference, I've looked into working everywhere from Buddhist monasteries across the country to manual labor at the South Pole Station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

I've updated the OP to cover "This would be interesting for a gap year!" and "I'd like a free ticket accross the pond, please!"

If anybody wants to rewrite it with less cyniscm, tell me, but right now I feel the level of hatred is juuuuuust right.

You explained it pretty well. Thanks. Guess I won't be going to see (for now!).

• Locked thread