Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I own books 1 and 2 so I'll at least read those with you! I'll look for library copies of the rest near me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

I said I'd read along with you, but I'll be a bit late in starting these (I'm finally tackling Moby Dick.) I will catch up eventually! I have a lot of fond memories of the first book but I somehow lost track midway through the second and a fresh start is certainly in order.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Starting to read these and my god one part in Post Captain had me in stitches. I wish they would film this:

Jack dressed up in a bear suit while he and stephen head to spain.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

I just started book 3, and I think it's funny how the plot through the first two books (and the start of the third) is essentially the entourage cliche:

Vince got the movie! ...oh wait, something happened the movie's off! ...It's all cleared up now, Vince has a movie! :parties: Vince:Jack::movie:prize

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

I just finished HMS Surprise. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I'll definitely be continuing on with the series after I get through the piles of other books I've accumulated and need to read.

Regarding HMS Surprise Poor Stephen. Villiers shouldn't lead him on like that. At least Jack got Sophie. It's been kinda fun finding all the scenes they jammed into the movie scattered throughout the books so far.

I picked up Far Side of the World because I found it cheap in a local bookstore. Would I be remiss to start right into that? Or should I read the series in order.