Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Just want to re-iterate that these are the best works of historical fiction ever written or that will ever be written. They have literally changed every aspect of my life (and not always for the better), from how I speak and interact with other people to how I view new technology.

His humor is literally the best thing in comedy, ever. The ludicrous elevation of Maturin politely asking for an apology in the ward room to him dragging the offending officer up and down the deck whipping him with his gold-headed cane is priceless. Gotta love those common seamen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Nektu posted:

:stare:
Would you elaborate?

I've read them so many times that the opinions of the characters (and the way they speak) infiltrates my daily life. I, without thinking about it until it's done, occasionally phrase things in an archaic way. I am more superstitious, and I tend to view radical ideologies in a poorer light until I think about WHY I'm doing it. It's a bit strange.