Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Ya, everything on that level needs to be broken down and sent below to clear the guns for action. Plus, Jack didn't seem the type to have a lot of poo poo cluttering his quarters, unlike some Captains in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

And then in later books, he hears how far his son has risen in the church and he can't be prouder.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I believe he likes then later on as a few steam-powered tugs started being built and he had to deal with a career where you could be wind bound in harbors for weeks on end.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I always enjoyed the contrast between Jack and Stephen when it comes to violence. Jack loves a fight, but only if the other side has a fair chance, even if he ambushes someone by looking like a merchant, they could have figured it out and got away. Stephen on the other hand is a killer when he needs to be, taking every advantage and will just straight murder someone with them unexpecting if he has to.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I always liked the little arc of Jack's thoughts on Nelson. He starts trying to copy him a lot, and then as the books go on he has these little thoughts of "Well perhaps Nelson wasn't right in all things." as he tries new things to make his ship run better. Particularly in Aubrey's love of long-range fire vs Nelson just getting right up close.