Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
I'm making my way from one novel to another, and I'm currently reading The Far Side of the World (how different things are from the movie of the same name!).

I do have one nagging thing I need explained to me from earlier in the series, though. It's from The Fortune of War. I'll put the question in spoilers:

Okay, what went on with the (seemingly) insane inmates that confronted Jack? It looks to me that they really were American navy agents and jack only mistook them for crazy people. But at some point, one of them seemed to threaten Jack with a blade, shaving some of his arm hair. That doesn't seem like something an American official would do. I am totally confused as to wether those people were American Naval intelligence or just crazy people.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
I'm reading The Thirteen Gun Salute and I just got to the part where

Stephen apparently kills Wray and Ledward, and then dissects the corpses.

:staredog: