Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SacrificialGoat posted:

I decided to watch Repo! The Genetic Opera just because Ogre was in it. I mean it's basically a goth/industrial musical, how bad could it be?

Whew, what a stinker. There were maybe 2 catchy songs in the entire thing. I want my hour and a half back.

He was also in The Devil's Carnival with Emilie Autumn. They were both good but the songs in that movie are absolute dreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

teethgrinder posted:

I wanna know if Alex and Bruce from ID:YD post here haha

As far as I know they're mostly on Twitter and Slack.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I appreciated the Self Bias Resistor callout- I feel like that's one of the best songs on the album in terms of pure "we have this riff and we are treating it like the main melody of a dance song" thing that you get in industrial rock/metal. Helps that it slaps.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really enjoyed Poppy's cover of Gary Numan's Metal.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7PbZKEE6DwU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I didn't realise it back at the time but with hindsight futurepop was always just eurodance, but less awesome

Someday we will learn that Eskil was, somehow, secretly in Real McCoy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

LMAO all the replies are people telling them they need to credit Boy Harsher for the music.

(And Linda Yaccarino contributing nothing whatsoever, but that's what she does.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

It's great when you're watching old black and white monster movies and suddenly one of those classic industrial samples happens

Finally seeing Jacob's Ladder was an experience.