Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Twiin posted:

Hating women is coooooool!

SO EDGY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

carbonex posted:

The most frustrating part is that he's been wasting time with Combichrist (and Panzer AG...) and we haven't had an Icon of Coil album in forever.

Just have to skip that night at Kinetik next year. :(

Edit: On a positive note, Haujobb might still put on a good show? Dead Market

Komor's doing pretty well with Komor Kommando, isn't he? I signed up for the Alfa Matrix email list, because I loving love Alfa Matrix, and it seems like every email I get from them has a new KK disc.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Funker Vogt Name That Tune would be kind of hard, yeah.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Hedenius posted:

All vocals are by this person btw:

He looks like Johnny Fiveaces.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Oh my loving god, just look who Angelspit are touring with.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

boo_radley posted:

I can't believe some of them are still alive :v:

But seriously, I threw in a couple Mission CDs last night and I was totally non-plussed. Like we'd gone to a restaurant my wife likes for her birthday, but I don't really think it's that hot, but I'm not going to complain because it's her birthday. That's what the Mission listening experience was for me last night.

Eldritch may be a total cock but at least he delivers.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jumping on the Floodland is incredible train. It was the first album I ever listened to and enjoyed that wasn't some kind of punk rock (or Graceland, shut up), and kind of led to everything else.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

W424 posted:

Pre guitar Ministry beats the poo poo out of post Filth Pig Ministry.

You are not even a little kidding.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

boo_radley posted:

Motherfuckin' Quirk. How have you been? Sounds pretty bad with the "battling police" stuff.

Quirk's been posting from Occupy Seattle, if memory serves.

Alfa Matrix has released a comp through Facebook, available here. If, like a smart person, you're running Firefox with NoScript and Flashblock, be sure to allow scripts on that page and in the window that the download link opens.

Tracklist:

quote:

Tracklist
Disc 1:
01. PSY'AVIAH - ok
02 ESSENCE OF MIND - in the night (edit)
03 STRAY - miles from here
04 DISKONNEKTED - atlantis (re discovered)
05 AYRIA - blue alice (DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER mix)
06 VIRGINS O.R PIGEONS - gotta get mad
07 SIVA SIX - faileth stars
08 MALAKWA - monster (KANT KINO mix)
09 DUNKELWERK - kommt (short cut)
10 HAUSHETAERE - hetaere (exclusive AM version)
11 AIBOFORCEN - shadows
12 32CRASH - the man who came from later
13 HALO IN REVERSE - into it
14 I:SCINTILLA - swimmers can drown
15 STAR INDUSTRY - heart man angel (single edit)
16 RAZORFADE - clear shining (radio edit)
17 TECHNOIR - shapes (rough mix)

Disc 2:
01 IMPLANT - lord knows I tried (featuring LEAETHER STRIP)
02 PLASTIC NOISE EXPERIENCE - electronic bodies (long edit)
03 POUPPEE FABRIKK - symptoms (disease mix)
04 ARMAGEDDON DILDOS - high
05 DIFFUZION - dbd (while u can)
06 KANT KINO - owner of this house lives here (club mix)
07 FREAKANGEL - my darling bullet
08 SCHWARZBLUT - schlusspoetiek
09 KRYSTAL SYSTEM - nuclear winter (north star side)
10 UNTER NULL - godless (DEDMAN Mix)
11 ACYLUM - your pain v2.0
12 AMGOD - hospitalism [jactatio corporis]
13 MENTALLO & THE FIXER - legion of leper (re-edit)
14 NEIKKA RPM - warped (version 2)
15 KOMOR KOMMANDO - the factory incident (IVARDENSPHERE mix)
16 HELALYN FLOWERS - e-race generation (STUDIO-X mix)
17 ALIEN VAMPIRES - won't see ya even in hell

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Quirk posted:

Thinking clearly now I'm off the meds I was on the last 4 weeks designed to keep me pacified not finding work since I've set foot in this loving rear end in a top hat city, trying my hardest to stay non-violent at this joke of an occupation with police loving us for sleeping and now for painting protest signs (no joke) I keep trying to do impromptu and planned shows but every time it devolves into me screaming NON's "Total War" while beating the poo poo out of a bucket because the media team thinks my music is too violence inciting to help me perform anything. Police took and lost my laptop after taking tents during week 1 so my music making is out the window until god knows when and I've spent alot of time waiting for the best times to piss on the occupation's Bank of America doors which is losing it's charm so I'm getting ready to pig out tonight and bazooka barf all over them.

I don't know that I have ever heard anything about Seattle cops that didn't paint them as brutal monsters.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jesus Christ, Apop's cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is hideous. In parts it's painful to listen to.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Their cover of Electricity is great. This one... is not. am expecting it to get overplayed in clubs :smith:

I love that cover!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really hope he just makes new music. The old songs are fine as they are.

(I am secretly hoping he "beefs up" the old stuff and it turns out to rule.)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Futurepop is awesome and I will fight people about it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Furret Basket posted:

He means Electronaut.

That's a funny way of spelling Chrome.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

DaveSpillings posted:

Seeing Angelspit live is weird. I mostly stick to the hardcore/metal/mosh pit scene but they've been my favorite band for the last few years. Every time I see them they're playing to a sell-out crowd in front of a dance floor, usually headlining, so I always think "hell yeah, fat synths? Massive techno beats? Superbitch vocals? This is gonna be a sweet dance party!" Then it's me dancing in front singing the words with a couple hundred goth kids behind me silently bobbing their heads. The band always has a ton of energy and rocks out, but the crowd is just a bunch of bummer goth kids. And me.

And the teenybopper scene kids there to see Blood On the Dancefloor!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

boo_radley posted:

There was a ton of old industrial videos of dudes just walking around burned out or abandoned factories, staring up into the sun or just looking into the camera. So you know, tradition.

It's not electro-industrial, but there's a Cruxshadows video which is about 2/3 the singer and violinist walking along some railroad tracks for no readily apparent reason. Absolutely nothing to do with the song, just we had this footage so whatever.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Been listening to XTORT in the car lately. I usually prefer KMFDM's later, less guitar-driven stuff, but goddamn if that isn't a great album.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I'm convinced that USB keys or something similar are the data storage format of the future, but that may be merely wishful thinking.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Twiin posted:

Too expensive. I can press a thousand CDs for a buck a pop. My friend just paid $1500 for a run of 150 fancy looking 2GB USB sticks.

That's a very small number to get produced, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

My point was really more that if you're getting 150 of something produced, you're getting the highest unit prices you're going to pay for mass production.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

cyberia posted:

Alfa Matrix are having a sale, looks like they're getting rid of old stock. 3 CDs for 30 euros or 2 special editions for 40 euros, shipping included.

http://www.alfa-matrix.com/alfa-matrix-sales.php

I'm incredibly tempted by some of their comps but I have no idea how any that translates into dollars or how to order from them as somebody who only has dollars.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I will never forgive Orgy for that atrocious Blue Monday cover. That thing is loving terrible.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Furret Basket posted:

Goddamn, I normally really like Soman but.. What the hell happened there.

I think the world should agree that Blue Monday is hallowed ground.

I agree with every word of this.

I DID hear a pretty entertaining electronic cover of "Spiritual Cramp" by Christian Death, but in general, covering old new wave/goth/synthpop stuff should probably be left to Nouvelle Vague.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

If people are going to cover a track, especially a good track, they should at least rework the thing. Don't just recreate the parts on your crappy VA synth. Which is why the Apoptygma Berzerk cover of Fade to Black is rad.

The chimes on it add so much!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I Die: You Die is a website that a friend of mine does that may be of interest to people here.

Meanwhile I got the new Gothsicles album and loved it except the random misogyny at the end of "Drunk Cuts". Was very sad.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Side-line is great! It's like a website that I can go to to see all the email Alfa Matrix sends me, only on a webpage!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Wikipedia Brown posted:

You mean there's a website under all those ads?

The website is also ads.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Cleopatra compilations are like Ramones compilations in that I already have the tracks but for some reason I end up buying them anyway. It's a sickness.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

20ozMonkey posted:

Last Friday Tom Shear announced on Facebook that the new Assemblage 23 album is finished. I'm pretty damned excited for that.

Well there's my day made.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Twiin posted:

There was a thing a few years back at the club night I co-promoted/DJed where these two big yuppie dudes came in wearing white polos and jeans. Like, so obviously out of their element, and they probably meant to go to the strip club next door anyway. But they were there and bobbing their heads to the music and seemed to be having a fun time.

There was a gaggle of people standing at the bar behind them making fun of them, and they were doing it loud enough so that the two bros would hear them for sure. It was just so loving stupid. Like, these people came in here randomly and they're liking what you're into, so you're making fun of them?

I bought them a pitcher and introduced them to some less douchy people, and they stayed all night and had a blast. But like how in the world do you think people get into your music? Everyone was a loving dork the first time they went to an industrial club.

Wait, you mean you weren't hatched fully-formed from a black latex egg laid by Genesis P. Orridge? Poseur!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Twiin posted:

My old boss told me a story of how he went to a goth bar once and was super intimidated by all these people with lipstick and makeup and corsets, until he went to get a drink and heard the hardcore looking vampires next to him arguing about which version of Adobe Photoshop was better.

In my whole life, I think I have known maybe one person who was into gothic or industrial music and who wasn't completely into either computers, roleplaying games, or both.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

Woohoo!! Ashbury Heights is back in the studio this month! Also another new female vocalist, a Jenny Forsberg this time. Betting it's this one:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/1527259

Seems like a common name in Sweden though.

I always forget that Ashbury Heights is Anders Hagstrom and whichever model he favors at the moment.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I've said it before, but y'all need to visit the big German goth festivals at some point. They'll blow your loving mind :)

e: What I'm saying is that industrial (well, mostly its derivatives) is literally top-50 mainstream in Germany. It's pretty interesting.

What, like popular radio stations and so on? As an American it hardly seems possible.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Apparently, at the big European festivals, you can tell where a lot of people are from just by how they dress, since different kinds of goth/alternative clothes are popular in different countries. One of my friends was uncannily good at this. He'd point out a group of people and say where he thought they came from, then we'd stand near them until we could hear them talking and confirm he was right.

This would make a fantastic website.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

You guys might remember I posted about working on some music of my own a while back. Well, I just released my first official thing! It's still not very industrial, but I suppose you can pick up some of those influences in there. I reckon that some people here might like it. I certainly do! You can download it for free on Bandcamp!

1. Ääniaalto
2. Maapallo (Sparsely Populated Version)
3. Ä.ä..ään.i
4. Aalto

This is a different release than the one I posted that demo version of earlier - the artwork (which is going to be amazing) is still in the works and it'll be released "at some point". Soon, I hope. I'm also already working on the next EP because, hey, I like making music.

I also made a cover version of the goddamn awesome theme of the legendary German Krimi show Ein Fall für zwei / A Case for Two (original) which you can listen to on my SoundCloud. It's dumb as hell :)

e: Also finally got around to listening to Bone Music. Twiin I think you're my new favorite band. No rear end-kissing implied, this poo poo's just right up my alley

e2: Holy poo poo a The Prisoner sample

I really like this, thanks for sharing!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

They also weren't able to get a second date because the Turbine Hall was apparently already booked for the second day. I feel for you :(

That's why you like bands on Facebook and poo poo so you're always up to date, man!

I hate spending that much time on Facebook, though.

I'd kill for some kind of centralized website with a list of all the bands I like and their touring schedules, release schedules, and general news.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

If you join Pollstar (it's free) you can set email alerts for as many bands as you want and it sends you a notification whenever a tour date is announced within a mile radius of your selection.

drat, that's nice. Thanks for the headsup.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Ever go look at Alien Vampires covers and publicity shots? Go ahead, I'll wait. That's pretty much what they do, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Das Ende posted:

Some funny bits too. I'm sure Milan read from that "Kapital" book at your show? Odd. They also did an intermission, and had a robot voice announce it. Odder still was that after "Love on the Beat", the robot voice told us that if we clap enough they'll do an encore. Laibach is so weird.

I'm not a Laibach expert, but... Das Kapital?