Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Earwicker posted:

Architect

Architect is really cool. Consume Adapt Create and Lower Lip Interface were both great albums.

Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYSBlSVtts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Zaiquiri posted:

I figure the people in this thread would thoroughly enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1D9t8n0qA

Well that got taken down quickly.
The song is still available on their website (under downloads) but it's not as funny without the video.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Twiin posted:

In no particular order, bands that I play before/after FLA when DJing:

Malhavoc
Cubanate
Haujobb
Numb
Velvet Acid Christ
Funker Vogt (but only F-117, really)
C-Tec
Dismantled
Project Pitchfork (but only Crash, really)
Swamp Terrorists
Mindless Faith
Hocico

I would put emphasis on Mindless Faith and Haujobb (esp the album Vertical Theory)

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
There are only a handful of Neue Deutsche Härte groups I can listen to often. Eisbrecher's self-titled album is superb. Some of the stuff Oomph! does is pretty well done too, though I can't remember any of their songs by name.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

down1nit posted:

Q: Has Seabound come out with a new album yet?

A: Has Access released a new Virus?

I want the TI Snow so bad.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Bleh, I hope this isn't dark stuff. The first two ohGr albums were awesome because they were really poppy music with Ogre singing over it. I never bothered picking up Devils in My Details because it sounded like he was trying to make it sound like Skinny Puppy, and if I wanted to listen to crappy Skinny Puppy I'd just listen to their newer albums.

I actually think the best new Skinny Puppy stuff are songs like Pro-Test and Optimissed, but I guess everyone bitched up a storm so they had to go back and try to retread their old stuff and try to make brappy dark industrial. I wish they'd just make a synthpop album with Ogre rapping in his cut-up processed vocals over it or something like that.

This just might be right up your alley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMgpvTigJdQ

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

If you don't pay attention to the fact that it is Necro Facility, then this song is pretty good for what it is.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Twiin posted:

Your wish is my command.

I'm really digging The Blood Of Heroes right now. Thank you.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Furret Basket posted:

And it all comes full circle back to FLA. (Whomever mastered Artificial Soldier needs to be shot.)

Best example of worst mastering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHn-iNfRAE

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Twiin posted:

I'm reposting this from the NIN thread because I think people here might find it as hilarious to listen to as I did to make it -- my DJ mix from Kinetik: Industrial v. Hip Hop!

Featuring PWEI, Cubanate, NIN, Public Enemy, Pharcyde, Dead Prez, and more!

2 minutes in. holy f. Rap/hip-hop is basically the best and most fun genre to remix. i love this.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Might as well post this here since I already uploaded it for my friend to check out:

This is a quick thing I made in Rytmik on my Nintendo DS at 3 AM last night. It's pretty much just a fistful of sounds and ideas I fiddled around with yesterday, but please say something about it, especially if it's negative :) This is the first time I'm trying to make this kind of stuff on this particular software, so personally I was pretty pleased with the sounds I managed to get out of it, especially since the program is mostly geared towards the various subgenres of electronic dance music.

Now, I'm pretty much a horrible novice when it comes to making music at this point (I've never even tried to properly learn how to play a guitar outside of school, although I do know something about keyboards) but I've always wanted to express myself and I have a multitude of ~ideas~. Said ideas involve a lot of industrial-ish and noise-ish soundscapes that I'm kind of hoping I'll get around to making into at least some kind of tracks in the summer when I finally have more free time. My brother and I also have a kind of a noise project we sometimes fiddle around with for fun, and it's growing more and more certain that we're gonna play a short gig in the summer. Gonna be my first public musical performance ever, and although it won't be until July and there's likely gonna be like 20 people attending, I'm already starting to feel nervous about it... :ohdear:

This sounds like something that should be in the old Doom videogames.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Quirk posted:

oh it's been maybe four or five... or more but who's counting :suicide: I got it this time. It's needed this long to bake anyways.

new http://tindeck.com/listen/tqpi
a year or so ago http://tindeck.com/listen/zcmn

Is it wrong for me to like the older mix better? Personally I think some of the rough analog texture that is really prevalent in the old mix gets lost in reverb and sampled acoustic drums in the new one.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

So would you guys say Delerium is worth looking into? Where should I start? I don't think I've ever heard anything from that project.

if youre really into cool futuristic soundscapes, I would recommend listening to the Spheres series of albums. They are really calming and sometimes even creepy in the 90s sci-fi horror kind of sense.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Furret Basket posted:

Why can't people just make music anymore?

"Innovative" technology which gradually strays away from the open-ended programming interface and caters to the impatient aspiring garage band + macbook musician looking for a way to push a button, or slide a finger across a touch screen to only change the frequency of a sound or sample that has already been pre-fabricated for them.

I guess a lot of people are just too impatient to learn even the basics of programming when a world of push-button cookie-cutter devices are out there to do the job for them.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Halloween Jack posted:

Serious question: Do I need new speakers, or is there way too much loving distortion in what's coming out these days? I was just sitting and listening to a bunch of promos from Promo Fabrik, and wumpscut and Skold's new albums, and it's like the artists decided that there needs to be an inch of wool between their music and the listener.

Edit: That's setting aside the buttrock-with-a-distortion-pedal bands stinking up Metropolis these days.

Do you know the bitrate of the songs you're listening to?

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Finally listened to the handover previews. Sounds pretty decent, with the exception of NoiseX. It sounds like they are trying to emulate Otto Von Schirach's production style without actually having him in the production crew.

Either way, I know I'll be wrong once it comes out.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

chime_on posted:

Throbbing Gristle have a bunch of stuff that's pleasant to listen to. "United" is basically a pop song.

The gristleism is a pretty clever and fun toy.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

hatelull posted:

Effector is ok, if not tame. I quite enjoyed Fixer, but it's far less abrasive as the earlier stuff. I'm not sure how to describe it actually, but he made a transition from the noisy possibly experimental sound of the early Download to druggy hyper-active electronica of the later stuff. He did a vault release called Inception - The Subconcious James 1994-1995 that was a nice mix of the older stuff reworked, so that might be worth tracking down if you're really interested.

I have always had this album, but I've never given it a listen. Thanks. I don't think they will ever release another album that could even hold a candle to Eyes Of Stanley Pain. Genesis' bits and pieces in that album really gave it the right vibe.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Jose Mengelez posted:

Hang on, lets not go crazy here.

Read ICP and Combichrist lyrics side by side and try to tell yourself they aren't exactly the same.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

TOOT BOOT posted:

Not a whole lot of industrial and definitely not Combichrist. The stuff that still interests me pretty much tends toward the avant-garde and neo-folk side of things. So stuff like TG, Coil, and Current 93.

You might enjoy Formication. Especially the album "Redux". Sounds a lot like Coil's "The Restitution of Decayed Intelligence". It's like your ears are getting a massage.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

KMFDM - A Drug Against Wall Street. Basically a 2011 version of Drug Against War :haw:

This rules

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Equipment used: MFB Nanozwerg, Korg DS-10, KaossPad 3.

Man I wish I could get my hands on a Nanozwerg without having to order from the EU. Listening to the EP now. Some pretty raw analogue soundscapes you got going. the KP3 works wonders doesn't it?

on another note: pumped for ohgr's december 2nd show. looking forward to seeing all the creeps that always linger around the Hawthorne.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

hatelull posted:

It is my duty to pimp this to any of you West Coast lot interested in catching ohGr on his short list of dates in support of unDeveloped.

VIP Packages.

The downside is that this is a fee additional to the ticket price. The upside is that you get to meet the man, the myth, and the legend (I won't go post another photo of the guy since that strays close to a man crush zone), witness the sound check (Puppy and ohGr sound checks are typically closed), and get some other geegaws. Also, you have a chance to win a prop from the Last Rights tour.

The optimist in me says this is an awesome service to the fans. The pessimist in me says this is a cash grab to nab more money in hopes of being able to support bigger dates in the future.

Still, I'll probably end up caving and getting a VIP pass. I'm already dropping cash for Round trip Denver air fare. Might as well make it worth every penny.

I wish.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it or i just missed it, but Haujobb released a new album this month.

Havent listened to the whole album yet, but "Dead Market" is a massive step forward for Myer imo. the music video can be seen here.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

teethgrinder posted:

That's really cool.

I was really hoping Myers in Covenant would mean those sorts of sounds but ... faster tempo. What disappointments that, and the previous album, have been.

I dunno man. i'm kind of digging the overall easy-going tempo of the album. the whole thing just slurs together. it's a nice change when compared to some of Vertical Theory's 4-on-the-dance-floor pieces. it combines some the best sounds of Polarity and ninetynine, and successfully incorporates retro synths/percussion into a modern, gritty, soundscapey array of meticulous analogue construction.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Just saw ohGr in Portland. It was pure chaos. I loved it. He rocked that stage. He played a lot of older stuff too, which made the crowd go loving insane. After the show, i saw him peeking from a balcony, so i did the "i see you" gesture to him and he got the biggest grin on his face and did it back. It was beautiful. He seemed very pleased with the audience.

for those of you not on the west coast: you're missing out on some great poo poo.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Quote My rear end posted:

Saw him in Seattle on saturday and it was one of the best shows of my life. The venue was El Corazon which has notoriously bad sound but he wrecked the crowd and had one of the best mosh pits I've been in. When he played Minus everyone lost it.

Seriously. The crowd in portland went nuts for Psychoreal and Minus, and even moreso for his like, 3 encores.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

adamj1982 posted:

I got started in the early Puppy stuff, and never left. Raw, rhythmic, over-the-top, describe it how you will. Their live stuff is amazing.

Dig it
The Choke
Hexonxonx

Can anyone recommend bands with a similar sound? A lot of the bands mentioned prior have too much of a dance/techno sound for my taste.

Old Necro Facility (The Room, Black Paintings).

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
I listened to the soundtrack for the game Descent 2 after not hearing it since i was a kid and wow. this whole thing was ahead of its time. Ogre and Walk had a part in a couple tracks too.

but this one is my favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9bjSHmwqs

e: found a better quality song

spider_ross.avi fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 7, 2012

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

teethgrinder posted:

Whatever, that emogothfag Trent Reznor covered Johnny Cash's Hurt.

Um trent reznor made it first. Johnny Cash just made it better.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Twiin posted:

you should check your facts lamer before posting in an INDUSTRIAL THREAD

How could NIN have covered Johnny Cash in 1994 when Cash first released Hurt in 2002 on American IV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurt_(Nine_Inch_Nails_song)

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Found this on a late night youtube run. Thought I'd share it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaxPjA7tYQ
Industrial metal terminator style.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress fuUCK YESSSS LAIBACH are coming to Finland once again next month. gently caress YES

gently caress-loving-YESSSSSSSS.

This year seems to be off to a rather nice start. A Laibach show, then the VNV Nation gig in April... I also bought tickets to OOMPH!'s show in Berlin in September.

Jealous. They need to come to the US again.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

ID:UD posted:

53. NON, “Total War” (285)
A song so good it’s almost possible to forget that Boyd Rice is a complete piece of poo poo! Wow!

I actually laughed out loud at this because I totally forgot Boyd Rice still exists and this caught me off guard. This is great.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Danger - Octopus! posted:

To be honest, at most of the big festivals, loads of people speak English because you've got goth/industrial types from all over Europe, all with their own crazy languages. Just because they're in Germany, doesn't mean it'll be mostly Germans there.

Yes. From my experience, people will just respond in English if you try talking to them in poo poo-German.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

The Cleaner posted:

Just wanted to share news that us goons The Cleaner and spider_ross.avi have just released the electro-industrial album we've been working on for the past year, aptly titled "MUTRONIX".

It's the 3rd 'Volt 9000' album and it's very oHgr/Skinny Puppy/Download inspired. 11-tracks of crazy. I think many who frequent this thread would find it, in the least, amusing.

Two Soundcloud tracks below for a preview:

http://soundcloud.com/volt9000/meltdown
http://soundcloud.com/volt9000/outworld

It's out on iTunes/Amazon/CDbaby and all that junk

Don't forget the music video for 'Meltdown' fella.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnzClt_new

And thank you guys. Each track was very meticulously crafted and I'm glad that it reflects that to you as much as it does to us.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Das Ende posted:

Well, I definitely liked LotB, but it wasn't a standout for me or anything. I was really impressed with Leben heißt Leben. I know it's an old song, but the new version is different enough to be like new. I guess from a certain perspective, Laibach is being a bit hacky, but I actually like the way they're sort of covering themselves at this point.

They used NATO video pictures on the JC Superstars album packaging, and covered Brat Moj. Then on WAT, they recycled lyrics from Kapital on Das Spiel ist aus, and were generally very self-referential. On Volk they reused a big piece of Satanic Versus on America and of course covered The Great Seal on NSK. But it all sounds fresh. And I really love how they're using Mina live, juxtaposed against Milan. I'm hoping she plays a big part on the new material....

By the way, forget being jealous of me. Apparently the show at Tate Modern is going to be three hours long... :-o

And here I am thinking I'm so cool because I read Interrogation Machine and own an NSK passport. Meanwhile, Laibach go nowhere near where I live and put on these awesome forever-long shows for some really lucky people.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm really jealous of you.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Because it's an easy way to get attention and ~be provocative~, I guess.

I hope the next Volt 9000 artwork will only have naked photos of you and spider_ross.avi

Me too.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Furret Basket posted:

Anyone know when Feindflug are going to come back? They're one of my all time favourite artists but they haven't released anything really new since 2005. Makes me really sad. :smith:

Why is it that Funker Vogt should stop but never do yet bands like Feindflug who should carry on forever just vanish.

Their remix of Jesus Antichristus was really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
it's real hard to see sexism when you're male.