Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

When's the lost album from? I always wished they did something else in the vein of Dos Dedos.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Directly after Dos Dedos Mis Amigos. Found at Nothing Records. Was recorded in a proper studio owned by PWEI.

Wow, that's a must buy then.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Sascha Konietzko seems to have got involved in a Multi-Level Marketing scam.

That's really sad.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I don't know anything for a fact, but I'm pretty sure Raymond either was or is fairly destitute. I heard he was roofing to pay the bills.

Is that really surprising though, for someone that releases music for a limited audience, on a very sporadic basis?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would be more surprised if he didn't have a dayjob, given that he hasn't released an album in 8 years, nor is most of his back catalog in print, on top of being an industrial musician which isn't exactly a high-flying occupation to begin with.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 14, 2013

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Is the unreleased album any good?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I used to listen to industrial and now I listen to Gaga. I definitely see the influence on her music.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

I wonder a little bit how much of it is "her's", but overall it's not terrible.

She's an actual songwriter, so probably a lot. The song Telephone was written for Britney Spears but she didn't use it so Gaga recorded it herself.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Anyone heard anything about Coil reissues? It's been 3 years since Sleazy died and nothing...I can't even reach Thresholdhouse.com anymore.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I remember reading back in the 90s that Al rode a motorcycle in the studio once.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

deong posted:

I've never been a huge SP fan, I like Mythmaker, which feels like the least skinny puppy album maybe?

Actually yeah. I think Mythmaker stands out more than Rabies does.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Process is definitely one of my favorites. The fact that the band was coming apart at the seams comes across in the music somehow.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Puntification posted:

I'll also be wearing black.

That definitely narrows things down...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

KMFDM, 'doing it' again?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

KMFDM died to me when Gunter and En Esch left.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Photex posted:

Is there a listed line up for his bands current iteration?

Nobody bothers keeping track because it changes every six months it seems like. Manson has had like 20 different people in the band by this point.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Haujobb might be pulling out too. I'm kinda curious what's going on.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Well, the rumor is that Ogre was making 'outrageous' demands and that's why VNV dropped off the tour.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Haha, everyone on Litany seems to despise FLA so this should be fun. I'm kinda bummed this tour isn't coming anywhere near me now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

Huh. Her big thing coming up was singing aboard the Virgin Galactic spaceship sometime early next year. Well, the spaceship blew up two weeks ago so I'm guessing that's out. Could you imagine if that thing blew up with Lady Gaga on board during a FRIGGIN CONCERT?

If I were going to die I'd want to it to be while giving a concert on an exploding spaceship.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They're probably just getting old. It seems like once bands hit a certain age their setlists get very predictable, 1-2 songs off the new album and the rest mostly greatest hits, with very little variation from night to night.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I have a hard time being nostalgic for Stabbing Westward given the persistent rumors I've heard about the lead singer since then.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Photex posted:

I saw The Dreaming not too long ago, Chris sat out in the small crowd and watched the opening act, had a drink with me and put on a killer show. What rumor is this?

Inappropriate relationships with young fans, at least during the 90s when I heard it second or thirdhand. No idea whether it's true or not but I haven't listened to them since.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 21, 2014

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Holy gently caress KMFDM is good live :stare: seriously did not see that coming

Yeah they still put on a good show even if the albums are lackluster.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Amazing news. I will buy every single one of them.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

chime_on posted:

Just FYI, these things are (understandably) going really quickly-- they're already sold out of half of them at Forced Exposure (who is doing US distribution), and UK spots like norman records and Boomkat sold out within hours. Who knows if Brainwashed is planning on keeping them in print, or even going to 2nd pressings.

At the very least, the quick sellout bodes well for the turnaround time for batch #2. I kind of wish I had bought doubles of all 8 releases for posterity, but hindsight is 20/20.

The releases are loving amazing, by the way.

Supposedly they're going to press more, they didn't realize how much pent up demand there was. They're not intended to be super limited or anything.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

chime_on posted:

I haven't heard that from anywhere-- Jon Whitney has been mostly pretty mum about the whole thing, and didn't even own up to the fact that it was Brainwashed behind the releases until a day or so before they started shipping. I doubt the plan is to press a ton of copies, as Whitney himself said he doesn't want to be running a label full time, and that all profits will go to Coil bandmates and family members.

Don't get me wrong, I bought the hell out of all 8, and I'm really glad they exist, but these are quasi-legal at best, so anyone who wants them should have the plan to buy them immediately.

Just going by what people are saying on the Coil Facebook group. I don't think the record label comment precludes a second pressing since they sold out in literally hours at some outlets.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I can't remember the last time I saw anyone under the age of 27 or so that looked like they might listen to my kind of music.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd definitely go see Pig with that lineup.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

hatelull posted:

I'd love to see more Skinny Puppy releases, but I wonder if those two are even into it as much now. I liked Weapon but I totally get the cold and sterile vibe. After GWOTR their albums have increasingly given me the idea of an email collaboration. I think those two tolerate each other from a "We're going to work together and make this thing" perspective, but I'm not sure they enjoy working with each other. After the last live show I saw (their second tour with just them and Youth Code) I don't know if I /[need]/ to see them again unless it's something batshit nostalgic like "We're gonna do Too Dark Park and Last Rights front to back" because the setlist from the last show pretty much killed it.

I basically feel the same way. I was so excited for them to get back together but by and large the stuff they do now isn't as good as the stuff they did before the breakup. I feel like OhGr and Skinny Puppy used to have their own distinct sounds and now they've merged into something that's basically the same and less interesting.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Skinny Puppy also lost Rave for the reunion and he produced all their earlier work. I kinda wish they'd get him back.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I know Trent Reznor called in Bob Ezrin and worked for like 2 weeks to get the track order of the Fragile correct.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently Ogre and Rave announced a side project together about a month ago but Ogre ended up backing out after old Process-era drama exploded again.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ohrwurm posted:

why can't we all get along :smith:

Yeah these guys are all like 50 plus now, you'd think they would be able to let this poo poo go by now. Not really sure what happened because it looks like all the tweets are gone but supposedly Rave said some pretty nasty stuff about cEvin.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They're also available on iTunes. Honestly I prefer Ape and TNB to Backwards, which feels like it was abandoned in a half finished state, the former 2 albums are just so much more polished.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Honestly I'll never be able to listen to an industrial tribute against after some of those awful Cleopatra comps.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Trent did the opposite of ruining Christmas this year.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't remember if I ever saw it mentioned here or not but OhGr is crowdfunding a new album called Tricks.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I miss the old days when new NIN albums sounded completely different from what came before. I guess it happens to a lot of bands because Skinny Puppy is starting to sound pretty same-ish too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If you want to go outside the industrial label, Muslimgauze has a bunch of harsh sounding stuff influenced by middle-eastern music.