Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Bayham Badger posted:

Speaking of 90s era KMFDM, the 1994 PIG vs KMFDM EP was just re-released and features a new version of "Brute" and a long lost cover of "Disobedience" by Watts, as well as a re-recording of "Secret Skin" featuring En Esch & Schulz.

https://pigindustries.bandcamp.com/album/sin-sex-salvation-deluxe

By far the most interesting "new" release involving KMFDM in years, to me.

This is great, thanks posting this. Will probably get the vinyl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
XTORT was right around the height of old KMFDM popularity so I'm not surprised it had some chart success.

Nihil is the best KMFDM. Naive was one of my first industrial shows, I got in underage. Also went to a Money show and I think Angst. Chemlab opened for one of them, we got to talk to Jared Louche after. Fun times.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 6, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
New Ministry today.

Totally forgot I have Ministry/Gary Numan/FLA tickets this month.

Most excited to see Gary Numan, even if I don't really listen to his stuff very often.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 1, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Was prepping my wife for the show tonight and she's never heard the song Cars? Never even heard of Gary Numan? What the hell, dang Millennials!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I was thinking that I hope when I'm Gary Numan's age (66), I can move like he does. Then I realized I can't move like that NOW. He put on a great show.

Al played like 6 newish songs and then all the classics. I've never seen Ministry and I think the 'new' Ministry stuff, ie, anything from the last 20 years, sounds a lot better live.

Evidently we were supposed to get an encore with Numan/Al but we did not. Sad.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 25, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I like it. Too bad they're not coming to NA. Probably wouldn't come to Tampa Bay anyway.

Black is still my favorite.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Got tickets for September Front 242. I'm not expecting much, but it's their final shows so.

I saw them in 2011 in Chicago for the Wax Trax anniversary thing, but it was only a few songs. I sort of regretted not going to SP final tour, even though I've seen them 5-6 times over the years. I don't listen to 242 regularly anymore, but man were they influential when I was a lad.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've been slowly building up a vinyl collection and also re-remembered Spotify is missing a lot of 242 classics. For vinyl, my sort of rule is one record per band (vinyl is expensive and takes up space)

Trying to decide between Official Version and Tyranny. Leaning Official Version......

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yep, just a wall of aggressive, thumping sound. Was great.

Would have liked a surprise Revenge or something but that’s alright. I’m probably in the minority on that one.

Also, since he's ok with a single one-off person coming on to sing for a song, how awesome would it have been to have Chris Connelly come out for So What?

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 31, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The best new Ministry was that Christmas song he did.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I wore ear plugs at the last show but I had to take them out. I was getting like a reverberation/echo? How to explain but it sucked. I assume I just need better fitting ones - these were the cheap foam kind. Didn’t happen to my wife.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The noise cancelling earbuds is a good idea.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Listerine posted:

I don't think Connelly is particularly interested in ever working with Al again, his biography was pretty bleak on where that relationship ended up. He is going to be on the next Pig record though.

Man, I totally forgot that I had read that book when it came out - and I remember very little about it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I like Al's 242 sticker on his Strat here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1GeZGxhds

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Remaster or just remixes?

Edit - Remaster, that's cool. I might get it.

https://frontlineassembly.bandcamp.com/merch/fla-millennium-2024-2lp-vinyl

Edit - Purchased!

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 6, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That's a solid vinyl collection.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've been low key obsessed with Night Club for the past few days. It's not industrial per se but it makes me want to move my body in ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9VWEFx6-U

I've also been listening to Japanese jazz fusion band Casiopea, it's SO GOOD.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 4, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Hey that’s decent. If Leeb wrote those lyrics they’re better than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It's not the first time he's done a With Sympathy song, he did Revenge for sure. This is the biggest production I've seen though.

Even more awesome is the whole Twitch set too. That would have been great to see live, I would have went nuts. I'm not sure that crowd knows what a treat they got. Al even got the fake accent perfect after so long.

He didn't play any in St. Pete :(