Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Wikkheiser posted:

I'm going in a week.

Should I wear a pig mask y/n

Very yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So I just got back from a Skold show. They put on a pretty good show, but I think it's the only act I've ever seen that didn't have an encore. They played an hour long set and Tim Skold just said "That's all you get." I assumed it was a joke, but nope, the house lights came up and everyone left.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Just got back from a Youth Code show. They absolutely killed it. The lineup was kind of curious. 3 metalcore bands, Youth Code, and a dream pop band that was shockingly good.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The Cleaner posted:

Welp, Volt 9000 have sunk to a new low and just put out a Kickstarter. With all the wads of money just being thrown at industrial bands these days, it was bound to happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1419845335/volt-9000-new-album-2017

$596 as a goal? Kind of lowballing it

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Whispering Machines posted:

L O L
I'm seeing 3TEETH next week! I'm so excited.

I'm seeing them in Delaware on Saturday. Super pumped.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 6, 2017

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

http://www.post-punk.com/jeremy-inkel-of-frontline-assembly-has-passed-away/

Oh no

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Whispering Machines posted:

Last week I saw Grendel (with Peter Turns Pirate and Ghostfeeder) and 3TEETH (with H09909 and Street Sects).

PTP had a lot of energy and ran around a lot, but he pretty much just hit play on his music and then sang. He's the keys player for Grendel.

I fell in love with Ghostfeeder after seeing them open for PIG last summer so I was stoked to see them again. They played a few new songs that sounded really good, and a Radiohead cover for some reason. Mark and Derek are really nice dudes and always hang around after the show. I'd never seen Grendel before but they were so loving good. JD sounded a bit hoarse at a couple points but overall it was all really good.

Street Sects might grow on me but they blasted strobes THEIR ENTIRE SET, which is incredbily annoying. H09909 is rap-punk which is definitely NOT on my normal rotation but they had a killer set and had a huge pit going. 3TEETH was great. Alexis' mom was front row and he warned people not to bump into her hahaha

I saw both of those shows and mostly agree. H09909 was a bizarre choice for an opener. They seemed to have their own separate fans who all left after their set. I liked how the guy from Street Sects wandered through the crowd revving a chainsaw.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I like it. Take that, internet.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So there's a new Thrill Kill Kult album out. Feelings?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

A Daisy Chain 4 Satan is so good

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

This Hawaiian Punch commercial is industrial as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv59aPNU1Ng

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Nitzer Ebb is coming to my town on Wednesday but I can't decide if I want to go. Apparently 2 of the band members couldn't get visas and won't be at the show. Anyone know if it's worth going?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I just don't want to spend 40 bux on a show that turns out to be industrial karaoke

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

hatelull posted:

To anyone that has caught the Nitzer Ebb show on this tour, what was the merch table like?

Pretty anemic. Three shirts and that's it.

These are the shirts:
https://store.lethalamounts.com/collections/nitzer-ebb

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 17, 2019

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The show was pretty good, I definitely recommend going.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

How long was it? I can't imagine it being a long show even with the Liebknecht set but we're trying to double dip on the show and then a restaurant reservation that isn't open super late.

The opener was listed as starting at 8 but didn't go on until 9ish. He played for 40 minutes and Nitzer Ebb was on by 10. I wanna say the set was around an hour and a half and we were out before midnight.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

ohGr is teasing something.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Hedenius posted:

Exactly. They know what they're doing. And the symbology is more important for Rammstein than most bands since the vast majority of people watching their videos won't understand the lyrics.

As someone who likes a lot of industrial music and neo-folk stuff I like how Rammstein always tell the nazis to gently caress off. Industrial music in general has a tendency to attract quite a few shitheads what with all the uniforms and leather but I'd say that the ratio of artist with lovely views is similar to most genres. But enjoying neo-folk is a curse. I mostly use spotify for music but when it comes to neo-folk I still have a folder with pirated mp3s since I don't want to support the artists in any way. I'm just a sucker for melancholic songs about decay, odes to roman generals and poo poo like that. You know, nerd poo poo. Such a shame that 99% of neo-folk artists are nazi shitheads. At least I get the feeling that they're not the kind of people who will actually go out and do anything. More likely to be the founding (and sole) member of something like The order of teutonic knights of Sheffield.

I feel that. I'm ashamed to say I enjoy Nachtmahr because the clown styles himself like some kind of loving Emo Hitler.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So it looks like a new Velvet Acid Christ album got released a few months ago without me noticing. Listening to it now, I like it. Doesn't really do anything new, but that's not such a terrible thing.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Really is a great album, Victim of a Criminal is such a great track.

If you can hunt a copy down, there's a P.O.W.E.R. album that's basically that song strung out over a whole album

edit:
Oh, it's on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/6SVhPiosVZHtKNOm51OsZD

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 10, 2020

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ugh Ministry is sold out at Baltimore Soundstage and I don't feel like driving up to Philadelphia. I did get tickets to The Birthday Massacre there in March, so there's that.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Are the Lords of Acid worth seeing? Never listened to them but i've got plenty of time to brush up on them by April if so.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

ANAmal.net posted:

I have no comment on any of this except to say that 3TEETH put on an incredible live show and they rule.

I saw them with HO99O9 as the opener, which I felt was a weird choice. All the dudes who were in it for HO99O9 left the instant their set ended.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm loving the new KMFDM dub album. It's a nice switch up from the rut they've been in for years. I think the last time they've done something this different was no guitars in KMFDM vs. SKOLD.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 26, 2020

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

There's a new Pig album out. Thoughts?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Prop Wash posted:

I really like the new Noise Unit album. It seems like they're just paring off a whole bunch of ideas from FLA's more recent albums and merging it with sort of an older-school FLA sound.

In other FLA news, apparently they got kicked off the Ministry tour without being notified. They found out via social media and don't seem to be too happy about it! The tour itself has been pushed back 6 months due to COVID-19 concerns, and my location is one of those that got refunded rather than rescheduled, which I guess I'm fine with!

The new openers are the Melvins and Corrosion of Conformity. I fail to see how this is industrial anymore

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The new Birthday Massacre is pretty good.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Anyone in Baltimore seeing FLA on Wednesday?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Front Line Assembly were loving incredible and Rein was shockingly good. SYZYGYX were… uh… present? The vocalist fell over THREE TIMES and tried to play it off as intentional every time

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Also, this was my third time seeing FLA - the first was in maybe 1993-ish for the TNI tour. That first show was amazing.

Also also it made me feel old seeing middle-aged folks in Skinny Puppy, Front242, etc shirts. Then I realized I'm that person and we got icecream after the show.

Oh yeah the audience was super old. I talked to a guy who said he first saw FLA in 1992 and I was 6 years old at the time.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Don't you "lol" me motherfucker, I just saw The Birthday Massacre for the third time on their most recent tour back in March and they friggin ruled

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

I went to Cold Waves/Metro just to see PWEI and it was glorious. But I really really really want to see them again on a longer non-festival set.

I loved PWEI when Chemlab opened for them

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Jesus Christ, after fees, the ticket for Skinny Puppy's farewell tour cost 120 goddamned dollars. That's like stadium ticket pricing. There's no way in hell I'm missing it, but wow. Ministry with Front Line Assembly and Gary Numan was $56 with an arguably better lineup.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever paid over $30 to see them. This feels like a bunch of middle aged goths just got Taylor Swifted by Ticketmaster, and I have no idea how they are able to legally scalp you tickets themselves. I've seen SP 2-3 times and Ohgr twice live so I'm not super mad, but at least hopefully they'll be able to walk away from the tour with a good final chunk of retirement money.

edit: For anyone who still goes to shows, is this the norm now? Last couple of shows I went to were Purity Ring which was a pandemic delayed show where the tickets were bought before this dynamic pricing stuff was implemented I think, and Gwar which was through AXS, and both of those were pretty normal ticket buying experiences for me.

No, I just saw FLA a little while ago and it was around $40. This is definitely waaay high.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The Sisters of Mercy are touring too this year and it's $150 after fees. They're a bucket list show for me but no way in hell am I paying that. What is up with these bonkers ticket prices?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

The My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult (playing old songs), Adult. and Kanga tour added East Coast dates. I have been meaning to see Kanga live so I guess I should hit up their Boston date.

Ugh I'd love to see them again, but tickets are currently $72

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I have gotten to the point where I don't even know what too expensive is for shows but that seems a bit high.

Also the Cold Waves lineup is out and I'm not that impressed.

https://twitter.com/COLDWAVES_/status/1634229784816545792

All I know is that last time I saw TKK it was a hole in the wall bar and it cost like $20 and it wasn't that long ago

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Philthy posted:

They came through here at the tail end of 2019 and it was $25 a person.

I've seen them twice now. They have played the best show I ever saw, and also the worst.

The best show was in 1993.

My personal worst was Orgy, waaay after their day in the sun. I have no problems with Orgy itself, but the club had awful sound and they spent most of the show bitching to the sound guy about not being able to hear themselves.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I saw Combichrist open for KMFDM ages ago and they blew KMFDM out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Oh man I'm rewatching Batman Beyond and oh boy is the score Peak Industrial Rock. It's always been my favorite flavor of Batman.