Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

HEALTH and Author & Punisher are playing a venue near me on Sunday and the tickets are pretty cheap. Worth seeing?

poo poo, it's $32 including fees, I'm pulling the trigger on this.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 30, 2023

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

HEALTH, Author & Punisher, and Mikau all crushed it. About 3 songs into HEALTH's set, the drummer broke a snare and Mikau had to lend them one of theirs. Also, on the street hanging around before the show a guy with blue hair pointed at my Velvet Acid Christ hoodie and was like “hey, I’m in that band!”

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Konstruct posted:

Husky guy with glasses? He was the touring keyboardist in VAC for a while.

Normal weight and no glasses. The blue hair was a slicked back undercut.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Lead Into Gold played one of the most jarring, dissonant sets I've ever seen. Without spoilers, the Skinny Puppy set was super fun and involved and they played most of what I wanted to hear.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I decided to watch Repo! The Genetic Opera just because Ogre was in it. I mean it's basically a goth/industrial musical, how bad could it be?

Whew, what a stinker. There were maybe 2 catchy songs in the entire thing. I want my hour and a half back.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ugh pissed. The Fillmore said doors at 7 show at 8, but I showed up at 7:15 and only saw 20 minutes of Front Line Assembly’s set.
Gary Numan’s set was… ok. I mean he played Cars and Metal so I shouldn’t complain. I kind of wanted to hear Are Friends Electric?
Ministry played a super high energy set of half new half old stuff. I was exhausted from dancing by the end of the night, so money well spent.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 4, 2023

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Is Bill doing the vocals for the Rock Me Amadeus cover this tour? Was hoping he'd do it last tour, it strikes me as a very funny visual.

I think Tim Skold was actually doing it.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I do have to credit them for In Dub. People bitch about them always sounding the same, and In Dub is radically different.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I just hope he does Same Old Madness

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MSI was the first band I saw live and I've seen them three times now. Sorry not sorry.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaeCpAmoSeY

This feels at least futurepop-adjacent

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So Skold just put out the fifth album in 5 years. I'm liking it.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Anyone else seeing Thrill Kill Kult and KANGA in Baltimore tomorrow?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I found TKK's stage show fairly worn out and depressing in ~2004 w/KMFDM, so I am super super curious to see what they are like now. Have they completed the circle and become energetic and spritely again?

I like Sarah McLachlan. Also, it's the only concert my spouse or I have ever fallen asleep during; Buffalo ~2006, with good seats and some very good weed brownies. Can't say I've ever fallen asleep when Nivek or cEvin have been in the building.

They're explicitly only playing their old stuff, so they at least know what we want from them.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

TKK delivered fantastic cheesy goth dance music. 100% satisfied.

ADULT. surprised me with how great they were. At one point they strung up some packing tape and then attached a mic to it and scraped it to play it like an instrument.

KANGA was a bummer though. She was going for this "goth seductress" energy that I just wasn't a fan of, and I like her studio albums.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I wanna go to that same venue. You don't have a presale code, do you?

edit: looks like it's HYENA

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 28, 2023

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

obeyasia posted:

I can't find any news about a 2024 tour. Can you link me to the dates?

I just googled KMFDM tour 2024 and got this
https://www.ticketsonsale.com/conce...woaAo6AEALw_wcB

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

W424 posted:

Sounded like new fla ewww

New FLA flippin' rules

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

thotsky posted:

They're serviceable game soundtracks.

Every time I see them live I dance like I've got rear end in my pants

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

https://consequence.net/2024/01/kmfdm-title-track-let-go/

Well, that's certainly a thing. Still gonna see them.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

It's certainly a change

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Photex posted:

Hopefully we will get a real reunion tour at some point but I won't hold my breath, poo poo i would even take Skold

Skold was doing the lord's work with the last Front Line Assembly tours

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

New Cyberaktif today too.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Orgy and Stabbing Westward seem to be touring this year too. Add that to Fear Factory and GWAR and Dethklok and it's a packed first half of the year.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Photex posted:

Stabbing Westward will be fun, but def skipping on the Orgy cover band.

The last time I saw Orgy it was the worst show of my entire life. Julien-K slaps, though. Still the ticket was cheap so why not?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Well, it had to happen sometime

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/a...aXaFPU8Hvi9_PXs

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Looks like Front 242 are calling it quits too.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The Morlocks kind of outshone KMFDM. Last time I saw them, the opener was Combichrist, who also outshone them.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Photex posted:

The Morlocks was fun as hell, KMFDM was really solid, double andys are great and Sascha was having some fun

I like how he married that couple before the encore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Just got back from seeing Stabbing Westward, and they were great. They played the hits, can't complain.

The opener, SYZYGX were so atrocious we wondered if it wasn't a practical joke. Easily the worst live act I've seen in my entire life.

The real story though is that I got gouged for 40 bux to park in an alley a block from the venue because DC is a hellscape. The ticket for the show was $30. I paid more to park than to see the drat band.