Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
My former partner and industrial music institution DJ Leslie died a few days ago.

I know some of the people in this thread knew her. Probably those people have already heard via Facebook, but I wanted to post here just in case.

gently caress death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

This album makes me wish i had written it.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

babyturnsblue posted:

Cold Waves in Chicago was amazing last night. Severed Heads were solid, and FLA played two tracks off of Caustic Grip which was heavenly.

PWEI were loving amazing.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
If any of y'all are gonna be at resistanz I'll be performing with iVardensphere! Come say hi!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Goddamit now I'm sad about not going :suicide:

Also, how many people does iVardensphere actually involve these days?

I think we're gonna be 9 on stage?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Some of y'all might remember I make music as well. I've been working on a new solo EP for nearly two years now (with a separate single track released inbetween), but I finally finished the new EP a couple of weeks ago! There's still plenty of work to do in the mastering etc. department, but I decided to release a single from it in the meantime. I think some of you should get a kick out of it. It's called "Sade" which means "Rain" in Finnish and I think it's pretty pretty pretty good.

https://desertm.bandcamp.com/album/sade

I really dig this! Good job!

If we're sharing new stuff, I recently finished up my first film score. Looking at releasing the score with a Very Dope Industrial Label but nothing's inked yet. Here's one of the tracks for your early listening pleasure tho:

https://soundcloud.com/jairus/death-and-life-string-theory

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Also have we talked about this Head Wound City cover of Just One Fix yet?

https://soundcloud.com/head-wound-city/just-one-fix-ministry-cover

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
So the I Die: You Die peeps have set up an EXCITING SLACK CHANNEL for industrial music chats. Like rivethead IRC or something. Open to all interested parties with poor judgement. If you wanna be added fire an e-mail to contact@idieyoudie.com asking for an invite!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Is someone here in Ivardensphere or did they just pay with them live? I have a weird recollection along those lines. Either way, Ivardensphere at Infest in the summer. So get all up on this UK folk

That is me (I play live), and I'll see you there.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

divabot posted:

So I'm just getting back into internet radio. What are favoured streaming radio stations that are on topic for this thread?

Google Play Music has an insane amount of well-curated industrial music stations.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Tias posted:

What the gently caress did Aesthetic Perfection do to anybody? Good tunes, and they're the nicest guys.

Daniel Graves is a human garbage fire

edit: That's maybe a bit harsh. He's more like a small flaming bag of dog poop. Kind of cute in a way but still you don't want it on your doorstep.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Hey if any of y'all want to see my stupid face get into an argument about if Static-X is industrial or not I'm doing a thing this week.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Twiin, if you're about : it looks like iVardensphere are announced as playing in Dallas, USA and Bradford, UK both on 27th August... Obviously, my hope was to see you in the UK but since the Dallas date is part of the just-announced tour supporting VNV, should I expect bad news about the UK date?

Edit: ah, it's updated to say that iV aren't supporting all dates in the US. Sweet, I'll still get to see you!

So, aside from the festival appearances (Infest, Coldwaves), the iVardensphere that is supporting VNV Nation is the 'Singularity' show, which means it's just Scott and a table of modular synth gear. So neither I nor any drummers will be with Scott on any of those VNV dates, I'm afraid!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Speaking of drums, apparently Mark Jackson has left VNV Nation. I'm interested to see what he does next (if anything) since as I understand it, he'd had little to no musical input in years and basically just been there to play live.

Given his history, I suspect he left VNV Nation in the same way Kevin Spacey left House of Cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Bill Leeb was never really a dude who enjoyed playing live, but by many accounts he was much less insufferable before he sold a million records with Delerium.