Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Wow, good thing I checked this thread, since I always notice concerts a week after they pass by. I used to work right by Bottom of the Hill, and it is a pretty small venue. I actually have not heard Ohgr past their first CD, but I liked that one a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just had a surprise Pig EP drop (at least a surprise to me), and I cannot stop listening to Baptise, Bless, and Bleed from it. It starts off a little slow, but once the chorus starts it seems well paced. Also, just realized that Raymond Watts and others with early 80's starts are likely older than 60 by now. It is on spotify, but here is the song for ease of clicking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRG_3_tIRSo

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 31, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Ignoring that list, one thing I was thinking about is how much industrial rock's main difference from rock is just vibes or past history. I am not trying to gatekeep, but personally I would never call Fear Factory industrial rock, even though they have a keyboardist dinking away in the background, but I would still call modern Ministry industrial rock even if it seems like metal by now and has not had too many industrial elements since Psalm 69.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Bayham Badger posted:

Speaking of 90s era KMFDM, the 1994 PIG vs KMFDM EP was just re-released and features a new version of "Brute" and a long lost cover of "Disobedience" by Watts, as well as a re-recording of "Secret Skin" featuring En Esch & Schulz.

https://pigindustries.bandcamp.com/album/sin-sex-salvation-deluxe

By far the most interesting "new" release involving KMFDM in years, to me.

Were those songs long lost? I have had that version of Disobedience (and many of the other songs from that EP) on my computer for well over 20 years, someone should have told me they were looking for it!