Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Wizchine posted:

Just got home from the show. They still have it, and it was nice to see Ogre out of the makeup and having fun with the crowd during the encores.

It was much better than the last time I saw them, which was 20 years ago, so to still be putting in that kind of effort at 60 is impressive. Really good show to go out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I don't think a re-recorded With Sympathy will be any good.

I don't think he disliked Twitch either, just that he moved guitars to the forefront so the songs stopped being content that fit with the live bands he was using. I know they were doing Twitch songs while touring on Land of Rape and Honey, but I think that was the last time that album was regularly played in live shows.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Cevin Key is also re-issuing Music for Cats vinyl (https://brap.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-cats) and the Cyberaktif Tenebrae Vision vinyl (https://cyberaktif.bandcamp.com/album/tenebrae-vision) if you didn't get them before.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Does MDFMK count

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

hatelull posted:

Was that album that bad?
It's just the blueprint for most everything they did post Adios I thought ..

I guess it depends on what you define bad as being. That album was so absolutely unremarkable and bland, so absolutely forgettable. I can't remember a single track on it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I just looked up Xtort to see the tracklist since I haven't listened to it since the year it came out, and apparently this was their highest charting album. I didn't think it was very good at the time and it was particularly disappointing since Chris Connelly was on it. That is, I was particularly disappointed when it wasn't very good, since I like Connelly a lot and had hoped his involvement would have improved the final product.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 6, 2024

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Danger - Octopus! posted:

It's great when you're watching old black and white monster movies and suddenly one of those classic industrial samples happens

Or agonizing when you recognize the line but then can't remember which song it's from and end up spending hours listening through old records trying to find it!

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
My favorite as far as successfully integrating dialogue samples into music and having the samples work with the mood of the music is probably Doubting Thomas.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

He's said this before, but moreover what's to break up, Al's the only permanent member.

Whoa, Paul Barker is returning- now that's the real news I'd say. Also going to take with a huge grain of salt.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Photex posted:

KMFDM played Naive last night for the first time since 94 and played Go To Hell. Honestly while it might be an album tour it's a pretty good spread of tracks. Can't wait for the Baltimore show i'm expecting not much change for the set lists over the next few nights.

Who's in the touring band?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kaddish posted:

Also, since he's ok with a single one-off person coming on to sing for a song, how awesome would it have been to have Chris Connelly come out for So What?

I don't think Connelly is particularly interested in ever working with Al again, his biography was pretty bleak on where that relationship ended up. He is going to be on the next Pig record though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kaddish posted:

Man, I totally forgot that I had read that book when it came out - and I remember very little about it.

The only things I remember are how he was always doing coke during that period, and the story of seeing Al for the last time.