Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Godmachine posted:

I have to plug FGFC820. These guys are pretty drat rad. YOU DON'T loving BELIEVE ME!?

FGFC820 - Society

One of my favorite bands around.

Most of what I like for easy listening is power noise like Terrorfakt or dark ambient stuff like Lustmord -- I found this very CD, in fact, at a thrift store, which was a huge surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Hip-hop and industrial share a lot of DNA. They're also the only two genres of music that I listen to, so this poo poo is right up my alley.

I think a less jokey approach to it could yield some excellent results, though I appreciate what you were going for here and find it fun. :)

There was Operation Beatbox which was all hip hop covers by industrial bands. Some good stuff, some ehhh.
Not much on youtube, which surprises me. Colla Destra's Wicked is pretty good, and the Society Burning track was decent, iirc. Gonna have to get it out of storage.

edit: Here, have this Clay People - Jump Around

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

Was it Cleopatra that was notorious for releasing excrementable compilations of covers from bands on their roster?

Here's the absolute low point of their "tributes" discs:The Carnival Within: A Tribute to Dead Can Dance.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Got Civilization by FLA in the post today and listened to it on the way to work.

Welp. You win, Leeb. That must've been one of the best albums I've ever heard, at least on the first listen. Holy poo poo, I can't wait to get back home to listen to this motherfucker again.

That's got Vanished on it, right? I think that's when the melding of all of the FLA side projects really coalesced into something polished and nuanced (mature, maybe?). I'll have to dig the disc back up.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Who will be the first to uncover a June/Spoon/Moon in the FLA catalog?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Yesterday I got an email from the shop where I ordered TNI from and they told me it's long out of print :smith: So that's why it's not available anywhere. I was wondering why such an important album was so difficult to track down.

I've had good luck with Amazon's used sellers for stuff like this (and they do have many copies of TNI for you if you don't mind going with them) and came up with this completely insane book.

Click here to view the full image

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Twiin posted:

That "can you believe this is happening?" look is incredible.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Quirk posted:

I need to know one last thing from you guys: how viscerally angry or disgusted does this image style make you? This is important. The emo is not me.

Still can't believe you're sticking with the RE font. You might as well name your band NarutoXxXSephiroth for the social cues that image gives. (unless that's the post ironic point)

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Welp, I guess this means I'm old.

edit: electrollpop?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
The guy behind Klinik has a side project named Sonar that I'm really digging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcV9dNfYu4I

edit: VVV there was a point in my life when my wife and I considered moving to Germany for the scene.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 29, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Quirk posted:

Yeah, that was me. I owe Birthday Massacre alot for helping guide my sound latley.

Yeah, I'm not trolling though I am totally what I described I just decided that I'm going to roll with it and embrace it's stupidity. Sorry for the crazy tangents, I'm closing in on finishing something I've spent a huge chunk of my life on and I'm going a bit nuts because of it. NOW I'm bowing out of the thread but I recorded a blog that explains some stuff: http://youtu.be/MHr4eeoVCZY

Seriously, stick around man.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
heard a track by scrap.edx on last the other day and it's filling that "bleak apocalyptic soundscape" need. The guy also has a project called Carapace that so far reminds me a lot of post 242 bands like Speed Tribe or Male or Female.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Continuing my powernoise kick:

Organic Cage - Dead Body Grinder

Organic Cage - Kill Your TV

And this isn't electroindustrial, but I think this thread is one of the few that can appreciate this cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SiAr7ME2jk

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Got the Bob Dylan project CD today in a very official-looking envelope! It's in a pretty neat DVD case with a thick as gently caress booklet all in Slovene. Really seems like they've put some effort and resources in this thing, real nice.

e: haven't gotten around to listening to it yet, though.

You're pretty lucky! I emailed them and got a reply that they're not sending any more out.

edit: fuggit. Look, my family is from Slovenia and my mom is a wicked huge Dylan fan since day one. He was the first concert she went to and she'll still go to his insanely expensive concerts and buy up his merch, no questions asked. If anybody gets a copy and wouldn't mind selling it to me, please PM me.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 27, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I say to you, cat rear end now and cat rear end forever. :toot:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Going to a festival in Denver looks like a great time.

Saturday & Sunday Aug 13/14th @ Casselmans 2620 Walnut Street Denver CO 80205
Sat, August 13th: $20 advance/$25 DOS (21+) Doors 2PM
ICON OF COIL
Dead Hand Projekt
The Strand
Diverje
Cursed Chimera
Torso
Kontrolled Demolition
Super Stereo

Sunday August 14th: $20 advance/$25 DOS (21+) Doors 2PM
COMBICHRIST
Komor Kommando
W.A.S.T.E.
Northborne
Mono-Amine
Cervello Elettronico
Blackcell
DJ Necrotek

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Twiin, if you're ever in Denver hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. :allears:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

deong posted:

Did you make this? Holy poo poo was it awesome. I was worried Icon's set was going to suck. I didn't like the first song, sounded remixed... But everything else, awesome. They were everything I hopped.

I did! Saw Dead Hand Project and IoC and loved them both. Having the final encore be Headhunter was fantastic. Did you catch what they said about this show being somebody's wedding present?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I got my Dylan CD today! Thanks a bunch CAT rear end, my mom really loves it!

(also those tiny licorices you sent me are amazing. I love them half the time and then the other half they basically taste like a death threat.)

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Haha, glad you found them interesting. Salmiakki / salted liquorice is super fuckin popular here in Finland and the rest of the northern Europe, but isn't that well known in the 'States as far as I know. Just wanted to give a fella a new experience now that there was a chance!

Oh my: "Salmiakkikola, a salmiak-flavoured cola drink". I can't even imagine.

Allllso goddamn you bastards were right about Tactical Neural Implant. Finally got my copy today, been Audiosurfing through it. Question: how the gently caress does one go from releasing an album like Caustic Grip, which is alright I guess, to releasing something like TNI?
Late 80s/ early 90s were amazing times, man. It really was a golden age for the genre.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Just so that everyone remembers: FLA loving owns live. Leeb and the boys just seem to have so much fun on stage, it's great to watch. The setlist was somewhat altered from the now-age-old IED list, they started with loving GUN (yessssssSs), dropped some IED tracks for older ones (Gun, Vigilante) and changed the order. Good stuff.

FLA was my second or third ever show as a kid! I saw them when I was sixteen and my dad drove me to the show :3: I remember their loving NUTS live show, multimedia displays on huge screens. Glad to hear they're still putting on great shows.

poo poo, now that I think about it, Front 242 was my first concert and Skinny Puppy was third -- that was, I think, just before Too Dark Park came out and there were ludicrous props and cages with monsters and bizarre poo poo everywhere.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Twiin posted:

That artwork is embarrassing.

For a second I thought he was wearing flannel jammie pants.

Well, that's certainly not a bad way to start your show-watching life :stare:

At the 242 show, Dad thought I was gonna get mugged or killed, so he gave me his leather jacket "so you'll look tougher" and a pocket knife. It was probably the sweetest thing he ever did.

So do as I did and jump 'cross that silly canal! Plenty of shows in good old Deutschland, for example ;) Was def worth all the money I plunked down into that trip to Sweden.
Nice! Got the wife into German classes this year, we're talking about GWT next year. Pretty excited already.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 29, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pope Guilty posted:

I got to thinking about Zombie Girl and checked out their Wikipedia, which linked to this (I had to hand transcribe this and left in all the typos, gently caress those guys):

:psypop:

Computers have spell check now, how can you produce a magazine on computers for computer interfaces and have it turn out like this.

Oh hey, they have a vlogcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu1XiqZBDAE
I like their enthusiasm and approachability, it's almost sweet. :3:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

See, I was going to toss TG into the ring as well but I figured those early records would be more aligned with "pioneer of the genre" rather than a classic album in an pre-defined flavor of music.

Ah, and I was going to mentin Einsturzende Neubauten and Strategies Against Architecture. Also Mind: the Perpetual Intercourse is still on my playlist, decades (:smith:) later.

edit: also Lead into Gold's Faster than Light, which is just, like, guddamn.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 12, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

zygotesix posted:

Nothing wrong with wumpscut :colbert:

They're good, but a lot of their art looks like supplements to role playing games.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I found it.

The worst supposedly electro-industrial song.

It's like a terrible attempt to be LMFAO.

I feel like I should not operate heavy machinery listening to that, or maybe like I need to write to my aunt I ain't talked to in a while.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

Right, so just to be in the loop I youtubered that "Pong" video.

What's with the "gas mask" aesthetic? Is it some nod toward the post-apocalyptic future where only the euro-friendly Metropolis fanbase will survive the inevitable VX Gas Attack, or are they just keeping themselves jacked into the Nitrous 24/7?

Ether and vics vaporub.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

TOOT BOOT posted:

I used to be a big HuG fan but I don't like the way they keep flirting with a nazi aesthetic. I don't think they have any actual nazi sympathies but I definitely think they're guilty of courting an audience that does.

Where's the ridiculous video of them hanging out with the gothsicles?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Continuing Id's love of industrial soundtracks, Maynard James Keenan is doing Rage's music: http://www.giantbomb.com/rage-wants-you-to-hibernate-until-its-release/17-4888/

It's... pretty nice!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

The Cleaner posted:

Back in 1985, me and my electro-industrial band Volt 9000 were able to get on Toronto public access TV.

It looks a little dated but I think it's still pretty relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xl4wuVvfXM

I started humming "I want my... I want my... I want my MTV..." during the opening.

I love the VHS transfer and the Bryce Lynchian keyboardist.

So this is you, right? http://www.volt9000.com/biography.html

hatelull posted:

Ha! Why does that fast little breakdown remind me of ohGr tracks?

I thought the same thing, or some pigface stuff, insect suspect or similar.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Oh man:

quote:

On Sunday 30 October 2011 Hasselt (BE) will host the best of new wave, EBM, electro, synthpop, post punk, darkwave and industrial on SINNER'S DAY. Playing as well is FRONT 242 ! For this 3rd edition the festival will work with 2 stages in the main hall of the Ethias Arena so that visitors no longer need to choose between 2 different halls.

Other bands playing include RECOIL (UK), THE CULT (UK), THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS (UK), THE EXPLOITED (UK), JOHN FOXX AND THE MATHS (UK), BLANCMANGE (UK), DIAMANDA GALAS (USA), KMFDM (GER), THE MISSION (UK), KARL BARTOS (GER), VISAGE (UK) and PATTI SMITH (USA).

Doors open at 12AM, and the first show will start at 1PM. The last band will end at around 1AM, followed by after party. Tickets are only 58 euro in pre-sale, so head for https://www.sinnersday.com to get hold of yours!

242 and Diamanda :swoon:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I can't believe some of them are still alive :v:

But seriously, I threw in a couple Mission CDs last night and I was totally non-plussed. Like we'd gone to a restaurant my wife likes for her birthday, but I don't really think it's that hot, but I'm not going to complain because it's her birthday. That's what the Mission listening experience was for me last night.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

teethgrinder posted:

Cevin Key at his finest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9PbqPKQGDA

Wow, *the singer's got Peter Murphy down pat.

:downs:

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 17, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Thanks for reminding me that I absolutely despise everything Thomas Rainer does

yeah, but if he carries it out to its logical conclusion, soon Thomas Rainer will be in der muttibunker, preparing his last will and testament. :v:

It's really odd, but there are some neofolk acts are a lot more spooky (terrifying) than anything he's done, and they manage it with just a guitar and violin.

edit: wait a minute, he was in lame immortelle, wasn't he?

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 18, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Yeah, he was. I also hate L'âme Immortelle and word on the street has it they are huge dicks.

You'd have to be to make music that bad.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Motherfuckin' Quirk. How have you been? Sounds pretty bad with the "battling police" stuff.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
My latest last.fm find. Diggin them a lot: ESA/ Electronic Substance Abuse

Intense deceit and a thousand empty promises - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOjEkrkVXw
There's a neat changeup about 60% of the way through.

How Pure Would Your Utopia Be? -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqw3ezKwNw

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Samael Jackson posted:

guys, help me out. I saw a video a while ago and can't remember the artist or name of the song and it's bugging me to find it now. the song was instrumental. if I remember right, it was a pretty experimental/noisey track. raw sounding with a lot of synth drums and stuff. the video was all 3d spikey geometric shapes that changed with the music. it wasn't too old. if I had to guess, within the last decade or so. that's all I got!

edit: I also get the feeling that the group name was some one word weird name along the lines of wumpscut or haujobb or the like.

Something like this?

242 used this and similar motifs starting back in '93 -- they carried it out to live albums and videos, too. I think either Animal or Happiness had something really close to what you're describing.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

This won't apply to most of you, but if you're on the West Coast I highly recommend trying to make one of these dates:

ohGr live does NOT disappoint, and this tour should be worth it if only for seeing "Pissage" and "Comedown" live. He tours with William Morrison, Justin Bennett(live Puppy drummer), and Squigg.

I'm making a rock n' roll one night flight to Denver to see them play.

Ooh, that's super tempting. The Bluebird's a smaller venue, too, so you can get right up to the stage most shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Man that Chrysalide track is fan-loving-tastic. The rest of their material wobbles a bit, but I Do Not Divert Eyes is amazing.