Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Dude last year PP cancelled at last minute and I was so upset. I've only seen them once before and it was like one of the best shows ever, up there with Laibach. (also I touched Peters arm) so I am so excited you have no idea. I'm going to scream and shout and stomp every second they're on.

[edit]

Consider resistanz 2016 as it's the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I however will be down for chimneying.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

At Infest and loving it already!!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

It's like 4~ hours post seeing Klangstabil and I'm still getting chills and aftershocks from it.

Don't think I've ever seen a music performance that is designed to get under your skin and make you feel it physically as well as emotionally.

Just, loving hell. Their sound and his pleading angry voice, like a hammer that shouts "whyyy" every time you use it .
The way they build intensity so slowly, subtely worming it's way in and before you know it there's a wall of sound battering down your defences.

Yeah. This is a wanky rear end post but... loving powerful. I don't think I've felt this strongly about a live performance in a long time.

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 30, 2015

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Jesus christ that Amphi line up.

Saw modulate (among others) at a cancer charity gig last Friday. I ended up jumping up on stage because I'm a douche bag but it ended up being awesome as I danced with Geoff Lee. This actually spurred on a stage invasion. It was amazing. :pcgaming:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I'm seeing Das Ich in less than a week in London and I'm seriously freaking out!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

So yup finally saw Das Ich last night. One of my favourite artists of all time and the first time I've seen them.

The show was amazing, every track was a hit and they even played some really old stuff which I was suuuper happy about. Some technical hiccups here and there but it meant we got some hilarious germanglish stand up.

I was pretty close to the front, ended up screaming "Gott es Tod!" at the top of my lungs into Stefans face. I eventually hugged him.

Later Bruno was mooching about and I fangirled all over him and got a picture with him.

Actually doesn't really get better than that. A++ would have my night again.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Xenturion's Prime's vocals are amazing and I can't help but sing along. :colbert:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Officially making a habit of getting on stage. First was modulate last year, starting a stage invasion.

Last Friday I saw Syd 31 and Dreams Divide (buddies!) support Faderhead. During the last song Syd 31 always do, a hilarious cover of Mr Vain, Jason motioned me on to the stage and put the microphone in my hand. So that happened.

After the show I moaned at Dreams Divide cos they didn't play my favourite song.
Anyway I decided at last minute to come see them again in London on the last night of tour. And they actually put it on the set.
I freaked out, motioned to dave if I could get on stage and did, singing the chorus with Gems because it's an amazing track. (Complex btw is the name of it)

Annnd I managed to cadge a backstage pass off dreams divide and hung out with them and Faderhead. Sami was mean to me but maybe I was being an annoying tit? Who knows. Marco is easier to get on with but also has a short fuse after a show it seems. Oh well, it was a fun experience anyway!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

THERE'S A SECOND ANTHOLOGY RELEASE?

I'm so excited right now. It's Christmas.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Youth Code have apparently postponed their European tour, except for the Resistanz appearance.

Also the weekend tickets for resistanz have almost sold out so yup, if you're on the fence... The last resistanz will be a sold out resistanz.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Twiin posted:

If any of y'all are gonna be at resistanz I'll be performing with iVardensphere! Come say hi!

Wow awesome! I'll try to say hi :D

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Is it out already? Not on Spotify yet. It'll have to be bloody amazing to beat Below The City (especially The Street) for me.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Also I'm heading off to Resistanz in a few hours :D :shepface:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I've never been able to work out if I hate or love Steelrose. Something has always felt off about it. I think it might be his delivery of the lyrics. (lol complaining about PP lyrics)

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Hey they're bloody good that there iVardensphere aren't they?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Gothsicles just finished as last ever band of resistanz. Amazing show but I'm almost tearing up. An absolutely unbelievable 6 years. Oh well, back to just infest again. (and the line up this year is the best it's had for a looooong time)

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

* Hard Wired is the best FLA cd.
* TNI is overrated but still amazing.
* Caustic Grip is worth a cursory listen. Not for everyone but still super formative and incredible.
* FLAvour is fun in places.
* MIillenium is fantastic.
* Implode is consistently great with Infra Red Combat being a highlight, why did you all forget that?
* Epitaph is like an industrial coma.
* Civilization is an incredible CD that was like it was made by a different band, I will happily listen to it forever, also the Vanished single is perfect.
*Artificial Soldier is perfect.
* Improvised Electronic Dissapointment is trash. It's the only pure trash they've ever produced. I would rather listen to the Justify My Love cover that's clearly a Delerium song that got erroneously credited as FLA on a compilation CD for forever and ever than listen to IED again.
* Echogenetic is perfect. FLA figured out the tiny part of dubstep my brain seemed to enjoy before I did.
* I even have quite a heavy fondness for the singles compilation, Monument.

Hi FLA are my favourite band and I probably have a problem.

[Edit]

Ooh I forgot Airmech! It was a sigh of relief after IED but instrumental soundtracks are what they are.
I don't have a great deal to say about Gashed Senses and that whole bit up to Caustic Grip really. Some of it is difficult to listen to...

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 12, 2016

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Infra Red Combat is on Hard Wired

I've caught you, BABBY SATHANAS!!!!!!

You are right OH NOOOO to be fair I have just woke up! I'll have to relisten to Implode today to work out why it's placed so highly in my stupid stupid brain.

Bounding around to morning chores to Caustic Grip because I feel like I was too negative on it and remembering how great Provision is. Lol as if FLA aren't catchy.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

What would you say if I told you that FLA are making an Airmech follow up album and Comaduster is involved

:pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Please rename thread to "Front Line Assembly Orgasm Station"

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I like beep boops and boom tish and grrzz brrzz ttzzz and that's industrial.

PinkoBastard posted:

even on Wreath of Barbs there's some cringey material from what I remember, although that's kind of inevitable just because of the "edgy" nature of his stuff.

Track #6: Christfuck

Mmmmhhhmmmm THAT SURE IS CRINGY!

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 9, 2016

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Infest this Friday! Absolutely can't wait. Goon roll call? (or just Octopus and I?)

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

SPOILER ALERT: I'm going to get drunk and watch a bunch of bands. Some of them good. Some of them probably not.

Spoiler alert: I will get drunk attempt to not embarrass myself and probably fail. Before or after screaming at ATR and VAC.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

In Strict Confidence is coming to Finland in February :getin:

It's the vintage 1996-2004 set though which is a bit of a shame, but I think they do those with a smaller crew?

Genuinely jealous. I know that period of ISC so well, I'd love to see that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I, against all the odds, managed to get one for Manchester on Ticketmaster after despairing over that gigsandtours site utterly collapsing. I'm pretty daaaamn excited!