Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Just finished TCG at 2am.

True to Erikson form once you get to somewhere around the 50-75% poo poo just gets real and doesn't stop being real until the last page of the book.

Still somewhat confused about a number of things but I think I have it somewhat figured out. Or not. Hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I felt like Icarium got an awful lot of attention earlier in the series for someone who played no role at all in the final battle. I really hope he gets some attention in future books.

It certainly seemed like something major was happening with him throughout the series. Him getting healed by the ereslas(?) god, creating the new warrens, us seeing the crystal city of Icarius. But then suddenly... nope. Nothing new, he's once again ignorant of everything, no new mention is made of the new warrens and in the final book he's just a macguffin. The "I remember something" was touching though, so maybe it wasn't all for nothing for Icarium.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Grillad skinkmacka posted:

Yeah Tehol and Bugg owns. And as others have said MT is one of those really good books to read a second time, easily my favorite book in the series.
Got a question about TCG now.(Some ending spoilers again)

Why did Gruntle and Kilava fight? I was hoping he would survive and go make Stonny happy. :smith:

I had a lot of trouble following that plot as well. I think it was something along the lines of Gruntle actually trying to get Treach killed by calling him forth where all the dragons were going to enter the world.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Habibi posted:

According to my Kindle I'm about 75% in now (was hoping to finish over the weekend but didn't have a chance :( ). Crazy stuff happening left and right.

Yeah, that's about the point where I looked at how far into the novel I was because I realized that I had passed over the "okay that's enough setup, I'm turning this up to 11" phase of the book and I realized I wasn't going to be getting any sleep until I reached the end.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Shadowthrone and Cot's master plan is basically gently caress you, gods, we're awesome.