Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Ynglaur posted:

Interesting tidbit. Is Kruppe a priest of K'rul, perhaps, albeit one unbound?

I'm pretty sure he's less a priest and more a friend and ally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Ynglaur posted:

Better question: Can he channel K'rul's power like a priest?

K'rul is all about dreams, and Kruppe has some serious dream poo poo going on, and ultimately you could say that every mage channels K'rul's power at the end of the day. But Kruppe had the dream poo poo before K'rul woke up. And is well on his way to ascendancy.

They overlap in places but there's no worship or client patron relationship. More an alliance, perhaps not of equals but certainly of two very potent individuals.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

See I'd say the opposite. The first example isn't a demonstration that he has super high power levels or an elder god watching his back, K'rul was busy at the time I believe. Instead it was a demonstration of how slippery and subtle he is beneath his crass facade. It wasn't a huge display of power. It was just a minor deflection of a huge display of power.

Is a coin greater than the sun? If I hold it out it can block the sun. I'd wager the same thing happened here. The power was blocked or deflected slightly. Not met / stopped / driven back.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So what you are saying is that your mum has been keeping Mr. Martin busy these past few years but now she's busy reading he can finish up his series?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Ben is a certified bad rear end and can probably do poo poo other people wouldn't even think about... like a millenia old soul shifting spell to create a puppet spy for instance? Or wall hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I need to read fall of light, I'm not used to the CIA document stuff any more. Still torn on re reading forge of darkness first though.

I think we can all agree that jokes aside, the real star of the malazan universe has to be Kyle. I mean his name, it makes him so relatable!

honestly though, how is it even up for debate, unless by best you mean second best behind Karsa.