Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

A Nice Boy posted:

hahaha...Awesome. I have no clue...I can't think of a single thing I've posted lately, aside from book spoilers and book corrections, aside from that last thing, which I apologized for. Certainly nothing that was worth spending 10 bucks on. Yeah, nothing but talking about books, really. I definitely haven't invoked any Something Awful/backseat moderator rules. Who knows?

Didn't someone gift you with your previous :downs: avatar as well? Seems like you've got a secret hater/stalker in the midst...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

This has been bugging me so I have to ask. I've just started book 8, but one thing I read significantly earlier in the series has always stuck with me:

A group of T'lan Imass come together for a meeting. One of them mentions almost offhand that hundreds of thousands of their kind are being slaughtered by a mortal on a different continent. Is this ever explained?

I haven't finished TCG yet, but as far as I understand, Silverfox has the bulk of the Imass on Assail fighting some (human?) army that as of TTH we don't know the nature of

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

the periodic fable posted:

are you sure that wasn't Rudd Elalle, Udinaas' son?

Also, i'm only about 1/3 to 1/2 through TCG, but don't they refer to him as Ryadd Eleiss throughout the book? I was confused about that at first, but then realized that its his eleint name, or something.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

I'm not sure if it's the case, but it seemed to me like the gods of war had either died (Fener, Trake?, one of the Wolves) or been rendered powerless if they still lived by the end of the series. There was a lot of philosophizing about how mortals had perfected war beyond what the 'animal' war gods had ever managed, so it definitely fit thematically. I was expecting Stormy and Gesler to ascend with all the talk about them being on the edge of ascension and become the new face of war, but I guess not...

Might want to check those spoiler tags.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Weaponized Cum posted:

Tavore kills Felisin

Oh god, is this becoming the Bad Thread?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

KenMornignstar posted:

It was in spoiler tags, it will take a lot of work to get this bad boy as bad as the bad GRRM thread.

We spoil every series in there.

Wild Cards bitch.

And to add content I literally 10 minutes ago finish TCG... I am going to reread these drat things now. I want this story again. Erickson better keep writing.

It was left unspoiled until he edited it :)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Habibi posted:

I don't think we actually know any of this (certainly not the 2nd - I'm not 100% sure on 1 and 3).

We've actually known that for some time. Every KCCM XXXXX-rooted spire we've come across has been named after a dragon (and Kalse had, IIRC, been mentioned previously in the seriers). I think the KCCM either worshipped dragons at some point, or were some creation of theirs or something to that effect. I just can't remember the exact connection.

Isn't Kalse one of the Dragons chained up in the Shadow Realm, in the first scene where we meet Edgewalker? Or is Kalse one of the ones that Cotillion bargains with in the prologue of TCG? Memory is failing me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

feraltennisprodigy posted:

I guess it's time to get back into this series now that the main story has been wrapped up (it is done, right? :ohdear:)

I finished House of Chains back in like 2006, but never got around to start on Midnight Tides for some reason. I'll probably be confused as all gently caress since I've mostly likely forgotten everything about the plot... Karsa being awesome comes to mind, everything else is hazy at best. (Speaking of Karsa, he better be in MT or at least The Bonehunters :colbert:)

Semper books

Midnight Tides is an entirely new continent/storyline. Karsa returns in the Bonehunters.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Praesil posted:

Question from Memories of Ice:

At the end, with the Pannion Seer: I got that he was being used by a jaghut, but what was the whole deal with his sister and the Matron's egg and poo poo What happened with him and Paran and QB?

Loved MoI. I didn't think he could top the whole Capustan part, but then they all got to Coral and it just fell into place.

Starting House of Chains, and I'm liking Karsa so far. I don't get the hate.

Its been awhile, and I remember having the same question when I finished MoI as well, but to my recollection:

MoI The Pannion Seer WAS a jaghut. At the beginning of the book, Kilava comes across the mother jaghut and her two children. Thinking that the Rent above Morn would keep them safe from the Clan of T'Lan Imass, she pops the two children in it. The Rent is basically a prison intended for one being, so when she pops the son in, a Matron K'Chain Che'Malle who had been trapped in there for many years pops out, then when the daughter goes in the son pops back out. The son uses the Matron to get access to the crypts with the undead che'malle which he uses in his eventual pannion army. When they defeat the Seer, they have mercy on the Seer and reunite him with his sister, who remains at the young age in which she was put in the Rent. And wasn't the Egg a Finnest? Someone who has reread it recently can probably shed more light on this.

And yeah, Karsa owns.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Loving Life Partner posted:

Erikson could probably write another book of epilogue.

1. What happened to Draconus? Presumably he took flight to help Korabas, but we never see him again after he leaves Ublala.

2. The entire fight that Silchas Ruin and Tulas Shorn had with the dragons was eschewed as well, we just hear about Tulas being destroyed later (i really hope I'm not blanking out on these 2 parts).

3. Did they manage to preserve sorcery or not? Korabas was said to be a "corpse", but Heboric grasped hold of her and did.... what? We know D'rek is now chained in place of the CG are they bound to Burn? Oy.

4. Where is Silverfox? And her Imass? I remember she specifically went to Assail/Kolanse to fight the threat there, then she never shows up again.

1. Draconus Finds and kills Sechul Lath and Kilmandaros. Then he presumably goes in search of the Errant to kill him too.

4 Silverfox is going to be in an Esslemont book probably.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Kekekela posted:

Probably drop it,
if you dislike kruppe that much you'd get more bang for your buck reading something else I think.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Kruppe is really only in 3, maybe 4 books total, and as a big fan of the series I mostly disliked him. I rarely if ever skim or skip parts of books, but I did skim most of his TTH Darujhistan exposition dialogue and still really enjoyed that book, unlike most.

IMO, Kruppe is meh in Gardens
Memories of Ice really awesome in this one
Toll the Hounds mostly garbage, particularly the exposition dialogue pervading this book

Did I miss any appearances? Maybe The Crippled God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So umm, I had absolutely no interest in reading anything by ICE, but reading that Dramatis Personae, I am kinda intrigued. Dramatis Personae Spoiler Seguleh, Caladan Brood and Leoman