Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I'm in the middle of MOI right now and absolutely love this damned series so much that I want to rush through to the end, but I'm a slow reader.

Does anyone have any decent fan art or anything illustrating the difference between the Jaghut/Jhag/Trell? I have a hard time keeping them straight in my mind, and just how "human" they should be vs. how orc/troll-like, for lack of a better comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Yes, go by the numbers no matter what people tell you. Just accept that your favorite characters might disappear for entire books at a time.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Starting a re-read now after reading 1-3 about 10 years ago and immediately deciding they were the best fantasy I had ever read but then flaming out due to the sheer magnitude and pacing.

Finishing GoTm now, trying to decide if I actually read 3 next to keep the story going and then alternate 2/4/etc. esp. since I understand enough of the cosmology to not be ruined by it.

I had forgotten how frustrating it gets that everything/everyone is immortal and overpowered; within the first 300 pages it feels like an arms race, where each new character introduced is even MORE immortal and all-powerful and it gets really fatiguing. Rake is immortal and powerful BUT WAIT so is Pearl but wait even a single T'lan Imass could level an entire city and not be stopped BUT HERE'S THE JAGHUT TYRANT who's even MORE immortal and all-powerful than them! Calm down, buddy.