Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
wow knight of knives was terrible. is it viable to just read the malazan wiki summaries for the other novels of the malazan empire? i don't think i can read another ICE book, but apparently some plot driving thing/things happens in the crimson guard book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
About halfway through Bonehunters, excellent stuff. Question about the T’Lan Imass and Eres’Al - Eres’Al at this point seem to be described as proto/ur-humans, but T’Lan Imass also seem like early humans pre ritual of dust. Is there like an evolutionary chain of humanoids? With e.g. toblakai being evolutionary offshoots?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Just finished bonehunters and overall enjoyed it, a lot of really strong moments and kinda continues the level of quality that’s been going since memories of ice. However how did laseen get so outplayed by mallick rel & korbolo dom. is the implication here that she’s less competent than we’ve been led to believe throughout the series?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Just finished Reaper's Gale. It took me awhile to get through the first chunk of the book and then I blitzed through the last 300 or so pages today. I think Tavore's Unwitnessed speech might've been one of the high points of the series so far for me. Pretty much everything after the Malazan ships start burning off the coastline was excellent. Hellian drinking her way through a revolution, Beak's sacrifice, blowing up ascended dragon elves, karsa being karsa, so many great moments in the last like 40% of this book. Maybe the stuff with the Awl will be important later on but it kinda felt like we didn't need an entire plotline dedicated to the deconstruction of the returning hero myth. Overall I give it like a 4/5.