Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Jesus christ - I never really get visibly emotional over books, but the climax of TCG really got me.

When the Bridgeburners show up at the battle of the spire and fight alongside the elder races, it killed me. "How could you think we'd say no" indeed! Oh, and Hood just owning the poo poo out of the Forkrul Assail was just amazing.

I had to take a break, it was just getting too intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Wow. Just finished, and I was bawling like a kid with a skinned knee the entire way through the epilogues. This whole series was amazing, but TCG really felt like Erikson's masterwork. I hope we don't have to wait too long for whatever comes next from him.

Oh, and my pet theory from the end of it all : I think that, like the Bridgeburners, the Bonehunters have become aspected, and the manifestation of that godhood is none other than...Nefarious Bredd

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

No.

To be fair though, his ending pretty much owned. Know he's partying it up forever with his buddies the Bridgeburners, and all he had to do was go through several cycles of pain and suffering to get his invite into the club. How is it possible that Whiskeyjack continues to be one of the best characters in this series after being half rotted and dead for 7 books or so

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

I finished TCG, and the epilogue where Fiddler wants a spot to fiddle, and tells Silchas to get the gently caress outta my seat was pretty funny.

Messing with Fiddler has to be a pretty daunting prospect, considering he's best friends with an entire pantheon of heavy metal warrior gods of death, and his platonic life mate is a crazed sapper with a penchant for levelling entire enemy forces/ex heavy metal warrior god of death. Oh, and Fiddler is also a heavy metal warrior god of death in waiting/the reason the entire Bridgeburner unit ascended (with help from Grandpa Tanno Spirit Walker, who respected Fiddler so much he made all his bros into baby gods). Not to mention that if Silchas didn't get up he'd be cockblocking Iskar Jerak. That just sounds like a really bad idea.

I mean I guess what I'm saying is that when Fiddler tells you get to off his stump you just get off the fuckin' stump.