Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A Nice Boy posted:

Meh...Kind of a lackluster thread title. But great OP! Though I think I'd put the chronology things lower...Maybe at the end. :) Just random unasked for advice.

Also, isn't Erikson an anthropologist, not an archaeologist?

He's both according to Wikipedia. Plus, archaeology is a branch of anthropology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

So, I'm about to start The Crippled God and I have a few questions/worries.

First off, I looked over the Dramatis Personae and was saddened to see that neither Cutter nor Sorry/Apsalar were listed. Could someone tell me if they make an appearance at all? For some reason, I really liked their storyline and it feels like it was abandoned ~3 books ago. Is it being taken up in an Esslemont book?

I also feel like I have absolutely no clue what's happening. I know this is usually normal for this series, but it feels especially bad right now. Am I supposed to be feeling this way? I assume I am, but I just want to check. I have no clue what's going on with Palan in the very beginning, and only have a faint recollection of what happened to Tavore.