Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is this a coincidence, or is someone at Kathmandu a fan?

http://www.kathmandu.com.au/malazan-jacket-v3-men-black.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Alright. I'm on chapter 18 of DG and feel like I'm on edge of the Erikson rollercoaster. Time to dive in and see what all this has lead me to.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Oh god Sorry is normal again I did not see that coming and I feel so bad for her :smith:

...Actually she's taking this rather well

You should probably spoiler that!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I just finished DG. I'm exhausted. I'm also frustrated at myself for not ordering MoI sooner - it's still in the mail and I really want to start reading it!

Also, I was reading an old reddit post and the discussion turned to Duiker. I think some rear end in a top hat spoiled the ending to MoI. Can someone tell me if this is true:

Duiker talks to the Bridgeburners at an inn, and begins to tell them Coltaine's story.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

anilEhilated posted:

Yes. Don't worry, this is a pretty minor spoiler in the shitstorm that is to come. You should even be able to figure out how he got there.

Okay that's reassuring. I'm going to take a poor guess at how he got there: His soul was shifted into the small glass bottle around his neck. Which is then collected by those two bhok'arala(?), who then take the bottle back to someone who resurrects him or something? I don't know.

Cardiac posted:

Fun fact, MoI have very little to do with DG.
The continuation of DG you will find in HoC.
On the other hand MoI is great, so there are zero reasons not too read it.

Yeah I can't wait for my copy to arrive!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Baudin posted:

Completely correct!

Hahha holy poo poo that's great. And here I was thinking I didn't have a good grasp of the story. I'm tempted to ask who the bottle was taken to but I think I'd rather find it out naturally as I keep reading.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Speaking of The Eel, I can't remember who Circle Breaker turned out to be. Was it Kalam? (GOTM spoiler)

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I started House of Chains tonight. I am loving it so far. Erikson’s prose is just so nice to read. I can’t wait to read more - I’m only up to chapter 2!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

House of Chains question:

Obviously Torvald Nom is related to Rallick Nom, but I don’t remember what Rallick did in the previous books. It’s been a while since I read them.

Can someone give me a tldr of Rallick Nom’s story up to the point where I’m at? (Currently up to the start of book 2 of HoC)

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

dishwasherlove posted:

...even though directly interacting with his fanbase on social media seems to have had mixed results for him recently.

What happened?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Alright, after bouncing off the series a few chapters into MT about a year ago, I’m back in.

I wish there was a way to put a custom spoiler-free dictionary into my Kobo for looking up characters/place names to help re-align my brain to this massive world.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I just got to my first section with Bugg and Tehol. Already loving it

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Uhmmm did Udinaas just get dream-fisted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I just finished chapter 7 of Bonehunters. God drat it this is so loving good