Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Posting here to vent and maybe get some info on what the gently caress is going on.

I separated out of the Marine Corps with Chronic Lymph-edema which essentially means I can't run basically at all and any physical exertion beyond the most basic things causes my foot to balloon up 3-4x its normal size.
I used the Quick Start program and applied for my benefits. I foolishly waited until a year after my last physical/doctor appointment and when I turned in my records for review to call the VA.

A. My benefits were supposed to kick in right after my EAS date 22 March. Wish I knew that beforehand :(
B. They didn't even send my goddamn medical records to get reviewed until AFTER I called them in the beginning of May.

Should I just keep calling the VA constantly and harass them to get this poo poo done because apparently I dropped off the grid for 14 months for no loving reason and I'd rather not have it happen again. Or is it safe to just wait now until I get piece of mail saying that I'm receiving X% of disability?

How long from this point should I have to wait to get info on my claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I just got a call from the VA office I filed my quick-start claim from almost 2 years ago and they just told me they lost my actual claim paper work (again) and need me to fax a copy of the one they gave me. Now I'm almost 100% positive they didn't even give me a copy of my claim paperwork, although they still have my med records and I'm in the computer system. I've kept every thing from TAPS onward in a filing cabinet. So if I can't conjure this poo poo out of ether what the hell is going to happen to my already overdue claim?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

t_bright posted:

yea they told me they couldn't do anything. I'm pretty sure the VA is just testing to see how long it will take before I break. I mean. It's been 13 months since I filed. And my claim is still on the first phase.

Well apparently they sent my claim in finally because I just got a call from the people physically handling my Quick-Start process and I'm basically getting treated like a king with them hand delivering it everywhere and getting a call every time it changes hands. Only downside is I have to drive 50 loving miles to tampa to get another medical examination. Again.

If you haven't called them do so. They actually cancelled my claim initially because where I turned my paperwork in they didn't bother to actually send it out. I called literally every 2 weeks for 6 months before I got this far. Hopefully my rating doesn't take too long.

Bolow fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 15, 2012

• Locked thread